Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, since I'm new here I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this topic. Anyways, I'm currently fiddling with my bios and notice I can unlock 2 extra cores in my processor, right now I am running an overclock to 4000mhz on my 960T BE . I tried to unlock the cores and did but, I can't get the thing to boot so obviously it doesn't work with the overclock. My computer specs are written in the signature down below and was wondering if anyone has found a stable clock set up.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorAMD View Post

Hey, since I'm new here I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this topic. Anyways, I'm currently fiddling with my bios and notice I can unlock 2 extra cores in my processor, right now I am running an overclock to 4000mhz on my 960T BE . I tried to unlock the cores and did but, I can't get the thing to boot so obviously it doesn't work with the overclock. My computer specs are written in the signature down below and was wondering if anyone has found a stable clock set up.
Uh yeah you gotta do one thing at a time. Set core clocks to default then try enabling cores. If it still doesn't boot try bumping CPU vcore slightly and try again. Remember not all chips unlock

·
Premium Member
20,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawleZ View Post

Uh yeah you gotta do one thing at a time. Set core clocks to default then try enabling cores. If it still doesn't boot try bumping CPU vcore slightly and try again. Remember not all chips unlock
^this. +rep.

unlock it first as a stock and run Prime for a few minutes (30 mins.) but you can try to lower the vcore to 1.18v or lower. this is to check if the cores are stable at stock unlocked. mine needs 1.38v for 4GHz Quad and 1.40v for 4GHz Hex.

a guide to oc our chip. keep max temp on the cpu (socket temp) under 55C.

http://www.overclock.net/t/777378/official-gappos-little-deneb-thuban-overclocking-guide-with-too-many-smileys

here is the club . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/1189945/amd-zosma-960t-1600t-1605t-cpu-club

for now, just use the multiplier for oc'ing unless you know your way around the bios.

• Rep+
Reactions: FlawleZ
1 - 4 of 4 Posts