Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just finished building my friends PC, and all the benchmarks and tests we've been doing on his computer has incited me to do the same with my computer. (I'm constantly checking CPU/GPU temps as I work/play, but I haven't really set any torture tests to it in a while).

So I let Prime95 run for a little bit, and everything is stable. However, there's one thing I noticed - My second core doesn't seem to be working nearly as hard as the other 3? This is because I'm under the impression that P95 splits work amongst the cores equally, when testing?

Here's a screenie:

EDIT: I had stopped it just a bit earlier, the max temps it reached was 55. It's never been that high. Going to clean out the case today, and test again. If that still fails, I'm going to have to remove the fan and reapply the paste. BUT - do cores die? is my second one dying?

Also - I've noticed (earlier, when monitoring my temps) - when my PC is just chilling on idle, my second core is usually hustling at past 50-60%.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Cores do run at different temps and work loads. There is probably a back ground task during idle making it show a usage.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinnocent View Post

use task manager to see what is running
heheh, of course
smile.gif
i've been doing that and it puzzles me as nothing's running but background stuff. I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
your probably fine my friend
biggrin.gif
....on a diff subject - how you like your gpu?....put mine under water and love them...even though powercolor seems to get a bad rap mine have been excellent performers, how has yours been?
thumb.gif

sorry for getting off subject

1 - 5 of 5 Posts