Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so if I get my Phenom II x4 to 3.7GHz what should I set the NB and NB Voltage to? and how much will a 500Mhz OC help? like with games and encoding moves/rendering?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
No two chips are the same. That said, to find the settings that work for you, you'd just have to play with your chip and board to find out. As far az 500MHz, it won't be noticeable.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclockerer;15263682
Ok so if I get my Phenom II x4 to 3.7GHz what should I set the NB and NB Voltage to? and how much will a 500Mhz OC help? like with games and encoding moves/rendering?
CPU-NB can and should be overclocked as high as you can get it. Remember for each 10% you increase the CPU/NB speed, memory bandwidth is increased 3-4% and latency is reduced 3-4%. Start with trying to reach 2400Mhz CPU/NB and going from there. That's about the minimum for the CPU gap at 3.7GHZ which is roughly Northbridge Frequency (CPU-NB) (+/-200) = (CPU-Frequency * 2 ) / 3.15. The minimum CPU/NB speed for RAM is 3x base speed of RAM, so for 1333Mhz RAM it's 666Mhz Base x 3 = 2000Mhz CPU/NB, but again you'll get gains for every 10% you can manage. Up the CPU/NB voltage by the small increments possible, but you should be able to run 2400Mhz on stock voltage - or maybe a very small bump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts