Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep running my chip at stock speeds to keep the temperature and fans down really low. However, I'm mostly playing BC2 now and CPU is a big factor for this game. I can clock up to 3.8GHz easily, but since I'm using Speedfan, the fans are usually super low or on full speed.

I'll be switching to RivaTuner so I can control the fans much better than SpeedFan. Just wondering what would be a good idle temp for 24/7 use? Right now I'm usually in the 19-22c range. Just wondering what is a generally accepted idle temp that I should shoot for when OCed.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm using a Zalman cooler, at stock speeds full load temps never exceed 36c. I was just wondering if there was a range people generally shoot for for idle temps.

Edit: Ok, I'll screw around with it a lot then and see what temps I can hit. Just don't like how if I edit my multiplier settings then AMD's Cool N Quiet no longer works.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCheeks
View Post

Well I'm using a Zalman cooler, at stock speeds full load temps never exceed 36c. I was just wondering if there was a range people generally shoot for for idle temps.

Edit: Ok, I'll screw around with it a lot then and see what temps I can hit. Just don't like how if I edit my multiplier settings then AMD's Cool N Quiet no longer works.

You can't have a range. As it's completely reliant on the temps of your room.

If your room is 77*F and my room is 80*F, with the same system, I'll have higher idle temps because of the temp difference in our rooms.

On the other hand though, we can have similar load temps because of the abilities of our air coolers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts