Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOURCE
Quote:
In the flurry of polarized discussions that have emerged since yesterday's Ubuntu Mir announcement, some have speculated that Valve's interactions with Ubuntu may have had a hand in them developing their own display server. This is most likely not the case and the first-generation Linux-based Steam Box from Valve will almost surely be running an X.Org Server.

·
Adclock.net
3,752 Posts
Interesting

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
I think it would be interesting if they went with Wayland. It really needs a good push right now and has great potential.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Shows how much of a linux noob I am, I thought the only display server was X.org, then I googled it.

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggs and bacon View Post

Shows how much of a linux noob I am, I thought the only display server was X.org, then I googled it.
This is linux, we have 10 of everything, and then 10 of each of those everythings.
smile.gif

·
AMD fan
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrak View Post

This is linux, we have 10 of everything, and then 10 of each of those everythings.
smile.gif
can i put that in my sig?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Quote:

smile.gif
Guess it just never occurred to me, as every distro i have used, used X.org.

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,632 Posts
It works, At least the Steambox is going to run Linux though.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk16 View Post

Quote:

smile.gif
can i put that in my sig?
Go for it!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
795 Posts
What exactly is x.org? I did a couple Google searches and it looks like its a windowed gui system?

·
Premium Member
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty5569 View Post

What exactly is x.org? I did a couple Google searches and it looks like its a windowed gui system?
Just to keep things extremely simple, that's basically all it is, or at least all that matters to most people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts