Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im trying to make a guide and would like to use some tables. but i dont know how to program PHP for tables...Does anyone know how to code a table in PHP??? If all else fails i guess i will be posting pictures for the tables.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
As in an "HTML" (where did PHP come from?) table?

You would do:

Code:

Code:
[TABLE]
 [TR] <!-- new row -->
  [TD] <!-- new column -->
   Loren ipsum bleh bleh aihfdoidjasid
  [/TD]
  [TD] <!-- new column -->
   bleh more crap test ashduiasheiouv-n wea9ry4387eshfd
  [/TD]
 [/TR]
[/TABLE]

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
ok the way I go about it, is rather simple. Here would be an example...

<?
$display = "
dgkjahsgkhagkj
This is my table [TD] ldgjklaglksgjklag sghjkagjlkgj
[TR][TD]";
?>

dsghklasgkjag

<?$display;?>
insert random crap here

I acctually have a form running through PHP because I need to be able to erase my stuff, and dear god do I need to plug my laptop in...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[TABLE]
[TR] <!-- new row -->
[TD] <!-- new column -->
[/TD]
[TD] <!-- new column -->
[/TD]
[/TR]

[/TABLE]
[/CODE]

errr uhhh thats not working

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
A) you are running your script through Apache or IISS which is implementing PHP correct? and B) what xaimus meant is what I said, you need to drop it into a variable like $display or $bah or $varcrap or $goatse.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not using a program was hoping it could be simpler...

not much of a programmer, i used to mess with it a long time ago, but never got into it that much... what programs do you suggest and could you post a table so that i can see that it is compatable with the forum??

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaimus
As in an "HTML" (where did PHP come from?) table?

You would do:

Code:

Code:
[TABLE]
[TR] <!-- new row -->
[TD] <!-- new column -->
[/TD]
[TD] <!-- new column -->
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
the site is programmed in PHP so i would like to keep with the format.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xaimus
Uhm. What exactly were you trying to do? Could you point me to the page that is in question?
no page is in question i have a huge database of information that i would like to post here using tables, but i cant cut and paste from word, so i need a way to program a table onto overclock.net . or else i will have to post a huge picture on the site which isnt what i wanted to do..

If any of you guys know of a cheap program that i can use or freeware is even better it would be greeatly appreciated..

And of course i will rep those of you who i feel have helped me out

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
PHP is a rather delicate thing, I always seem to make mistakes with it, and setting up apache can be a real pain (now xaimus will contradict me and say it's easy but I always find a way to mess up). Anywho PHP really doesn't work as HTML does. It's more like C++ and Java. It's not hard to comprehend such as your basic output would be with echo() and print(). Though (to my knowledge) there is no Standard input command like cin >>; with that table you just gave me throw it in <? ?>, signafying you are using php, and put it all in echo("commands here"); it'll come out just fine as long as you are interping it with apache or IIS (microsofts thingy like apache). Anywho that's all I can tell you.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I don't think you're able to create your own tables in a message board post--I can't find any standard vBulletin "BBcode" used for such a thing.

The message board is scripted with PHP, which outputs HTML. You format your posts with BBcode.

Looks like you'll have to use the image...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any recomendations on a program that i could use to generate tables that i could post in here???

like i said i dont know the slightest about PHP and know very little about html... the stuf i posted i copied from the posts above to test it to see what it would look like... can i use front page??

the way it looks like right now i will just have to post pictures.. which isnt so bad but it will be some big pictures

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
You can't post tables in here. It's impossible. The only way you could create your own tables is if the administrator added BBCode tags appropriate for tables.

Originally, I thought you were trying to create your own page.

So, yeah.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the help reps given, i guess thats why everything i created and tried to paste into a thread didnt work

Anyways i will definately be posting the pictures of what i have, once i get everything compiled it should look nice, thanks guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts