Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Is it possible to make even more compact digital memories for portable electronic devices and which consume even less energy? A team of French researchers has recently demonstrated that it is feasible, thanks to a new class of materials known as multiferroics, which combine unusual electric and magnetic properties.
http://www.physorg.com/news178546236.html

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sweet I want cheaper "memories"! Memory can not be plural when talking about memory chips.

For example: "I have 2 sticks of memory in my computer.", or "I have 1 million sticks of memory."

If you say I have 1 million memories, it means you have remembered 1 million things.

To be clear I'm poking fun at the article, not you but you should fix it in the title as well.

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craiga35
View Post

Sweet I want cheaper "memories"! Memory can not be plural when talking about memory chips.

For example: "I have 2 sticks of memory in my computer.", or "I have 1 million sticks of memory."

If you say I have 1 million memories, it means you have remembered 1 million things.

To be clear I'm poking fun at the article, not you but you should fix it in the title as well.

Maybe the article means that your hardware isn't going to last very long, but it will be very cheap, so you will have short, cheap memories with your rig.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKBenchmarks
View Post

Maybe the article means that your hardware isn't going to last very long, but it will be very cheap, so you will have short, cheap memories with your rig.

Nooo, I love my rig and I will always have memories of it, no matter how cheap it is!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
memory not memorie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts