Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
An H70 would be best because of the rear exaust... It's not really watercooling since it's a sealed loop and doesn't require any maintenance. But I think that'd be your best option.

Comps

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Sythe BIG Shuriken ? Hyper 212+ ?

I'm not familiar with your case tho but both are on the smaller side and reasonably well performing so should do fine in your sig rig. You might want to bolt some more aggressive fan on Sythe perhaps if you want to push that CPU above 3 GHz.

I'm myself atm on Sythe BIG Shuriken (with thermaltake 110 cfm fan cannibalized from Thermaltake FRIO cooler), with the aggressive fan it can keep about 140W CPU at ~65 C in my case (many case fans as well).

·
Registered
2,895 Posts

·
Washed Up Old Gamer
4,681 Posts
Silver arrow, Nh-d14, H80. I have the less popular Nh c-14 and I love it. I added an extra 140mm noctua fan and it cools like a beast. All are super solid.
I have owned the 212+ also and for 30/35$ it was awesome.

Sent from my Inspire 4g using Tapatalk

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dolans;15246096
Are those "Water Coolers" actualy any good? Also is the 212+ that little $30 cooler? (Never mind, i wrote this after you gave a link)

EDIT:

Wont fit man
tongue.gif
Yes, they are good, I've got mine and I get 4Ghz @1.28v and my CPU tops out at about 80c on prime95 blend and Intel burn test. This is on a single fan as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145;15246115
Yes, they are good, I've got mine and I get 4Ghz @1.28v and my CPU tops out at about 80c on prime95 blend and Intel burn test. This is on a single fan as well.
Interesting. Any reason the H80 over Antec's KUHLER 920?

(By the way if it means anything i have no care for noise)

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
No not really, I really like corsair, i've had 2 PSU's and 3 sets of memory from them and i've always had great quality equipment, Oh don't forget the case either
biggrin.gif

I've not used that alternative cooler, and corsair designed them in the first place so, the Kuhler920 wasn't released when I got mine
biggrin.gif

Comps

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145;15246157
No not really, I really like corsair, i've had 2 PSU's and 3 sets of memory from them and i've always had great quality equipment, Oh don't forget the case either
biggrin.gif

I've not used that alternative cooler, and corsair designed them in the first place so, the Kuhler920 wasn't released when I got mine
biggrin.gif

Comps
Fair enough, might pick up one of those "Water coolers". Unless that $30 cooler is really that amazing... However (Australian) going into summer and wanting to keep my clocks pretty good without overheating.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dolans;15246228
Fair enough, might pick up one of those "Water coolers". Unless that $30 cooler is really that amazing... However (Australian) going into summer and wanting to keep my clocks pretty good without overheating.
The 212 is a great cooler for the price, It's pretty much the best cooler upto the $50 bracket, above that then it's good, but not as good by a fair length.

Comps

• Rep+
Reactions: Uncle Dolans

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
H50/H70/H80 would work very well with your case.

212+ is an excellent choice too..(for its price range)

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dolans;15246480
Why is that may i ask?
tongue.gif
Because you have a single exsaust on your case which can take 120mm rad
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts