Overclock.net banner

whihc one would you buy or which one looks better??

• the aerocool aeroengine

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • the raidmax ninja

Votes: 9 23.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i plan on building soon and cant decide between 2 cases, the aerocool and the raidmax (which comes with psu which i will replace so disregard that)

VOTE!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.

umm....top one, looks like a jet engine..

wow! i did NOT notice that! lmao

·
Registered
367 Posts
They are both pretty cool. The top one you could mod to make look even more like a jet engine and that would look excellent!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I base a lot on airflow and modability inside when I look at cases, but they both look pretty good for cooling, and I've heard good things about the Samurai case. I'm gonna go with the ub3r jet engine case since it looks better for airflow in my opinion. It's close though in terms of looks; I personally like the Samurai case better than Jetty McJetterson, but who WOULDN'T want a jet engine? lol

...well, I guess someone who's lost relatives in a plane accident. But you get the point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow i nvr thought this would be so hard, another case that is looking good is the tt tsunami, all 3 way in about the same which is off cus the tsunami is aluminum but when i llok at specs it is a tad bigger then the other 2, if i get the jetengine i will replace the back fan with aluminum one and add a 14cm fan to side so it will definalty be good for airflow, as for the tsunami thers sumthing about it that i like but whenever i lok it at it im like nah.... but then i look at it again and it just looks good i dunno maybe im paranoid.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I voted for the second case... The first one looks like you have to open two "doors" to get at your drives which would be a pain in the gluteus.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staffpro

if i get the jetengine i will replace the back fan with aluminum one and add a 14cm fan to side so it will definalty be good for airflow

Then I suggest you look at this. Funny how its so close to what you were suggesting.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I would get the one Sun suggested.

I voted for the top one for the vast cooling potential of the case. It also looks very cool.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
That's a hard question because I dislike them both. I dislike the top one because of the useless door things :turd: and dislike the bottom one because of the plastic bezel :turd: :turd:--I believe the TT tsunami is not entirely aluminum, that's why it "ways in" in the same--it has stamped steel guts like the others :turd: :turd: :turd: ...but if I HAD TO I would probably go with the double door Jetty McJettster over the hideously bulbous plastic "face" of the ninja...

Give me a plain box to go off on anyday--these pre-modded cases just don't do anything for me. I look for build quality, ease of access to key components (like a removable MB tray), airflow (unless I'm building total WC) and a lack of frivolous trim and doodads as they will inevitable break or fall off.

If I want a window or some scrolled cut out on the side panel I prefer to design and install it myself--ditto thematic motifs such as "faces" or "turbines"

·
Banned
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberDruid

That's a hard question because I dislike them both. I dislike the top one because of the useless door things :turd: and dislike the bottom one because of the plastic bezel :turd: :turd:--I believe the TT tsunami is not entirely aluminum, that's why it "ways in" in the same--it has stamped steel guts like the others :turd: :turd: :turd: ...but if I HAD TO I would probably go with the double door Jetty McJettster over the hideously bulbous plastic "face" of the ninja...

Give me a plain box to go off on anyday--these pre-modded cases just don't do anything for me. I look for build quality, ease of access to key components (like a removable MB tray), airflow (unless I'm building total WC) and a lack of frivolous trim and doodads as they will inevitable break or fall off.

If I want a window or some scrolled cut out on the side panel I prefer to design and install it myself--ditto thematic motifs such as "faces" or "turbines"

i think i want to get a custom window for my case

(old pic before i got alot of my components, and that psu got RMA'ed)

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Bump - I just looked at the AeroCool AeroEngine 2 and the first thought that came into my mind...WHEN the proprietary fan dies...what the heck do you do? Obvious second question...WHERE can I buy killer fans like that separately?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts