Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably asked over and over, but they always seem to narrow it down to a few cards they are deciding on. Mine is open to suggestions of any of the 570s offered.

I have the msi gtx 570 and it's just to loud. I'm going to sell it, and get another one but don't know which one to buy. I want one that runs cool and has decent OC capabilites as well as being as quite as they can be.

I may run SLi but not sure yet. I might wait until the new cards come out to see what they offer. As long as one 570 will make BF3 look pretty I will probably hold off on a second one. So I guess take SLi possibilty into consideration also.

Here's my card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127552

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
The Twin Frozr III is loud..?

Lol, you must be doing it wrong then.
tongue.gif

But EVGA would be my next buy, and as for maintaining a nice OC with it NOT being loud, you have the card for it man.

Anything else you would have to WC.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1;15296963
The Twin Frozr III is loud..?

Lol, you must be doing it wrong then.
tongue.gif

But EVGA would be my next buy, and as for maintaining a nice OC with it NOT being loud, you have the card for it man.

Anything else you would have to WC.
It's not the twin frozr. It's the normal one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127552Maybe I should have put that in the first post.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan;15297006
Get MSI Afterburner installed, and create a fan profile in settings, Fan tab, and it'll be quieter.
I've done that. I have another thread for trying to quite it down. At 60% the fan is pretty loud and at 65% it's crazy loud. I've got it to where it's almot tolerable at 85c, but it's still to much. I can get it to run in the 70s if I jump up to 70% fan, but it's just way to crazy.

·
Tinkers With Rigs
1,154 Posts
Get TwinFrozr then...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan;15297271
Or go watercooling. I have two of the same card, and it's cool AND quiet watercooled.
smile.gif
I really don't want to have to invest in water cooling, when the card should do that itself. Maybe one day, but not anytime really soon. I just want a decently quit fan on my card, and there is no way that all of the 570s are as loud as the one I have. I'm also not willing to go and pay for any type of aftermarket cooling fans or anything.

I've really tried everything free anyone has suggested to quite it and nothing has worked. I'm just wanting to go with a different model now.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've seen very few HSFs on modern cards that don't kick up a racket once you pass 50% (reference or custom). If you need quiet beyond that percentage slap an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II on your reference card.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I may have found a deal on here with a fellow member for 2 TF3s. I might have my noraml MSI one up for sale soon, if my friend decides he doesn't want it. I really have no idea how you are suppose to get enough rep on here to post sale threads though. I've seen some users that have been on here for several years, with hundreds of posts that only have a few rep points.

I also have a nice 5.1 speaker system that would work wonders for a pc setup. It would blow any of the logitech or other all in one systems away, and I have a pretty low price on it. I can't list them though because of the rep thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts