1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Generally, using speakers that are all from the same manufacturer is a great idea. You won't have any issues with "sound signature".

By 10 x 10 I assume you mean 10 feet by 10 feet, that's likely going to be a problem. Sit in your listening position and clap your hands loudly. The "ringing" you hear is the issue. You may have to add some wall treatments to deal with that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even with the different models I listed above? example the 9 series from 10 series.

I tried to match the driver size of the 9 to the 10.1s.

Yes 10 feet, that was just my estimate, I measured it and it is closer to 12x12 feet actually.

My room is closed, no windows. All blocked with insulation padding in the walls.

I could not hear the ringing when I clapped.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunkz View Post

My room is closed, no windows. All blocked with insulation padding in the walls.

I could not hear the ringing when I clapped.
Every manufacturer has a "sound" throughout their products.

Insulation in the walls has no effect. Sound bounces off the surface of the walls.

You can hear the ringing. Try in other rooms and places, like a tiled bathroom and an indoor arena. Learn to hear it, it's there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Every manufacturer has a "sound" throughout their products.

Insulation in the walls has no effect. Sound bounces off the surface of the walls.

You can hear the ringing. Try in other rooms and places, like a tiled bathroom and an indoor arena. Learn to hear it, it's there.
Thanks, if I cannot find the center speaker from the same series (10.cs) which one of these would be better?

Diamond 9.CS
https://web.archive.org/web/20090717013401/http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/Products/Product/tabid/78/PID/10/CID/56/language/en-GB/Default.aspx#detail

Diamond 101.C
http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/product.php?pid=17

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Don't know.. Never heard the play.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
No.

Do you know what frequency response means?

The frequency response of the sub has to "roll in" at the same rate and at the same frequency as the speaker "rolls out".

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

No.

Do you know what frequency response means?

The frequency response of the sub has to "roll in" at the same rate and at the same frequency as the speaker "rolls out".
Honestly I don't know that's why I was asking for opinions.

Thanks anyway

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Well, if you're going to be messing around with new speakers you at least should know what a frequency response curve is, how to read one, and what they mean.

Otherwise it's like trying to pick out a car when you've never driven one.
"Yes, I'll take the pretty blue one.". and lo and behold, you've picked out a full size sedan when all you needed was an economy hatchback to drive yourself to the grocery store.

I don't, nor should anyone else, recommend speakers because everyone has their own particular likes and dislikes and the is no speaker that is good for everyone. What I like you may hate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts