Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while ago i saught (spelling?) some advice on how to go about getting a proper screen for my HT, and i promised to post pics once she was finished.
Well she's not quite there, but alomst so here's some pics!!!
And here's her stats!

Tha Love Docta's Baby Makin Home Theater!

Receiver: Harmon Kardon 430
Speakers: Athena P5 II; 2X C.5 (center and back), 4XS.5 (left, right, surr. left, surr. right.)
CD Player: Sony 400-Disc MegaStorage CD CD-R/RW and MP3-CD
Projector: Viewsonic PJ 402D
Mount: Steel Ceiling Mount
DVD: Panasonic Upconverting DVD-S52 Player
Sub: Velodyne CHT12" (My pride and joy, you should hear her thump)(link is newer model)
Conections: Monster: All Optical Audio, Component Video, THX Grade Speaker Wire
HT-Rig: Sony Vaio PCV RS 610... when my new ones built.
Screen: 106" 16:9 Widescreen 1.5 gain Motorized Screen
Feed: Rogers High Def. Cable Receiver

Please Forgive the Student Grade Furniture... It's trashy i know... but we do have a black leather chesterfield (oversize couch) right below the projector now

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Banned
2,177 Posts
pretty sweet but what are the cables from the projector doing? are tehy jsut hanging donw to the ground? if so I recommend that you feed them through the ceiling and down to the receiver

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol thanks... i know they have to be dealt with... i need an extension cable for the power to the projector... till then they sorta hang through the air behind the couch... not in the way.. but ugly... once i get the power extension cable they will all go to the ceiling and righ tto the back of the shelf... then i can clean up all that crap looking wire mess around my receiver.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Very nice, I wish I had...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH! and i bought a stobe light and i have a black light! so you get the bass thumping and the stobe going... and some racy music videos on the huge screen at a party! and it's like a night club downstairs and a lounge/beer bong arena upstairs
our last party was pretty wild... next one will be a $hit$how!

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaLoveDocta
A Few more pics

Whatchall think? You like it?

What about your seating arrangement?

EDIT: WHAT???? No mass drivers bolted to the floor????

·
Registered
306 Posts
(Given Permission)

This is my set-up -
[/URL]

Ask for details

Not bad for 16 ! I ebayed ALL of those items..
I've cleaned it up since then, wires n' such.. and added my 360

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

I'll draw you a seating picture

Interesting placement of the receiver! I like it

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as in the picture the receiver is all built in and into wall cabinets... also this way i don't lose picture quality i only have to go 16ft cable to my projector not 40ft... component (not to mention $$$)

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

as in the picture the receiver is all built in and into wall cabinets... also this way i don't lose picture quality i only have to go 16ft cable to my projector not 40ft... component (not to mention $$$)

I went the other route. Rear projector (Sony XBR 57" CRT) . El-cheapo Sony 6.1 channel A/V receiver. Bose 6.1 channel w/woofer system. But my component video is all switched through a Sektor 6 channel component/digital audio switch. I use dual 400disk DVD carousels (Sony's) and a HDTV Directv TIVO unit. My Xbox 360 appears to be a DVD player. But, it's the third channel on the Sektor.

All of this jumbled mess is controlled by my Logitech Harmony 88x...can't remember the model. Works pretty well.

I'm still waiting to upgrade my rear projector. I know some really good technologies are on the horizon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love your setup alot more, mine is based in my room.. and things get REALLY tight with the computer and bed in here.. I barely have room to walk let alone seating arrangements.. it's comfortable and the 5.1 sounds nice in a small room.. in your case i would get worried hosting huge partys.. letting those get out of control and your equipment gets ruined !

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everything's bolted to the wall you need a wrrench, and a screwdriver to take anything off, and to overpower it you would need several fuses and mabye a portable transformer lol.
It's pretty ruged as far as that goes... and it's loud as Fcuk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I mean in terms of destruction, last week my friend had a party and it got out of hand, his house got trashed. HUGE holes in the walls..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts