·
Senior Overclocker
5,083 Posts
looks nice

now do some temp testing

·
Premium Member
7,391 Posts
I wouldn't exactly call it a "build" when it's lacking RAM and a video card.

But seriously though, nice and clean setup

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Very nice..i really do like the blue rad.

Quote:

Very nice job Very clean and simple.

Did you paint that rad yourself?

Hwlabs sell their rads in blue/black/red and some in chrome. ALthough if you did paint that it looks like a very nice paintjob, ill be painting my PA 120.3 metallic blue soon!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx for all the responses. and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE HERE THAT HELPED ME, EVERYTHING I BOUGHT WAS BASED ON WHAT YOU PEOPLE HERE SUGGESTED, THANX

1. im gonna let it run for at least 4 hrs, maybe let it go for 12 like people have suggested before i put everything back in, then ill get down and dirty with the temp testing, CANT WAIT!!!

2.i love the color of my setup also, just wait till all of my blue led fans are on
, its gonna look pimp, and THE RAD WAS PAINTED BY HWLABS, i just wish i had the room to not get the stealth version though, oh well.

3.it is very clean you noticed that huh. im diggin that its all contained in the top of my case, not all over the place, less than 3 ft of tubing (i bought too much).

4.and no im not gonna dual loop it, i wont be cooling my video card, this computer is more for recording music
, dont get me wrong i do game (a lil call of duty and i can play team fortress 2 for days str8) i am considering gettting a block for my mosfets maybe though (those temps get really high when oc'ing) or my nb/sb, thats not anytime in the near future though, ill probably get a HAF932 if i decide to do that so i could have a better rad setup

ill have pics of it actually up and running hopefully tomorrow, stay tuned

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Protezione
View Post

What kind of recording do you do?

I wish I had the balls to go water on my pro tools rig, but if my rig goes down, then im in huge crap lol. Big air coolers for me

i was in a band for 6 years, not anymore though, this was us
http://www.myspace.com/burntheship
got sick of paying for recordings now im learnin to do them myself

i use sonar cakewalk with a line 6 UX2 recording interface, its amazing how good you can make something sound using ezdrummer, izotope ozone, and line 6 pod farm, i heart plugins, DEFINITELY RECOMMOND POD FARM, ITS FREAKIN AWESOME

for right now, im just recording my own ideas, and am starting a band with my brothers and cousin, cant wait to start playin shows again. (btw i play guitar)

What are you into? just recording? instruments you play?

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Protezione
View Post

What kind of recording do you do?

I wish I had the balls to go water on my pro tools rig, but if my rig goes down, then im in huge crap lol. Big air coolers for me

if you use compression fittings and quility parts there isnt much that can go wrong if you just pay attention to what you do and leak test properly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
some quick temp stuff, i dont have time to do more right now.
first off im using stock fans that came with my case, i wanted to see how they'd handle the rad before replacing. now while my prime temps are high, my real usage temps stay very nice and low, so im not gonna replace the fans just yet. here they are:

prime temps after an hour, now they could be better, im gonna try tightening the hk, i was pretty conservative of how tight i made it, ill see what a couple extras turns do.

these are my real usage temps (playing tf2, cod-waw, my recording software)

well thats it for now, this weekend ill really get to test this out, c ya then

1 - 20 of 27 Posts