Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I'd post a few pics of my rig. The blue LED fans look pretty nice, but the case is lacking. Also, I know this is a funny question, but can anyone tell what brand/model my case is just based on the pictures? The case was donated to me by a friend, and I have no idea what brand or model it is.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
looks nice, but u should get a cold cathode kit for it and you would be set!!! i cant tell what brand the case is, but whatever it is it looks nice...

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pretty dark where I took the pictures, so it really doesn't capture how bright these fans are. There's a pretty bad scratch on the front plate thing, so I thought about sanding and painting it. And yeah, I have some cold cathodes on my watched list on eBay and I'm seriously considering them. I'm also considering some LEDs. Which are brighter?

·
Banned
218 Posts
alright I know this sounds random but what kind of fans are thoses? Cause I have 5 Masscool blue led fans and they look exactly like them. Also do you have a XG Vortech PSU?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cool case! If you're gonna plan on modding it though (might as well. It's pretty cool looking, was free, and has potential), I'd suggest modding your fan positionings if you can, or atleast adding some new spots so you have good airflow.

Can't wait to see the finished result either way!

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
The side is custom...I'm thinking Antec....but it's really nice though...
with all those fans what are your temps like?

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I do have an XG Vortec, it says so in my system specs under my sig
. Also, those fans are Unincom, not Masscool. I don't think there's much of a difference between the two. Temps for CPU are 29C idle, 50C load. Mobo runs extremely cool, usually about 23C.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg

It looks fine, Cable management could be better

You're damn right it could!

·
Banned
218 Posts
hey dont worry I have the same XG vortech PSU too and its hard to hide all the cables it has especially with an acrylic case.

cathode!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay guys, I bought a set of dual 12" blue cold cathodes on eBay. It'll take a week for them to get here since I paid via PayPal eCheck. How much brighter do you think they'll make my case?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.