Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about popping a G10 on my 290x to cool it down a bit and want to see if anyone else has this combo. Not entire sure what coolers will be long enough to reach the back exhaust hole.

Also it looks like this doesn't come with any memory cooling, so I assume I'll need to also buy little mini heatsinks? If that's the case, what ones ya'll recommend?

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

I'm thinking about popping a G10 on my 290x to cool it down a bit and want to see if anyone else has this combo. Not entire sure what coolers will be long enough to reach the back exhaust hole.

Also it looks like this doesn't come with any memory cooling, so I assume I'll need to also buy little mini heatsinks? If that's the case, what ones ya'll recommend?
There are some VRAM heat sinks out there that fit well but it really doesnt add much to the VRAM OC ability. After doing this on a pair of 770s in sli and comparing before and after, it just made no significant difference. Obviously, thats one test on one machine,but Just some decent air flowing over the VRAM should be more than enough in most applications. IMO over three different SLI / G-10 combos I found heat sinks on the VRAM produced insignificant benefits.. As for looks, the G-10s arent beautiful but i dont think they look bad either if you take the time to do some management of the cables and tubes. There is a lot of hate for AIOs as well but they work well in this application. The G-10/AIO combo also swaps nicely to most any GPU (Ive had the same g-10s and AIOs on three separate SLI setups so far. Full water is superior IMO, but the G-10 mod is still extremely effective for the money. Just one persons opinion. I do know alot of 290X owners have made this mod and are extremely happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've owned plenty of all in ones and have done custom loops, I'm not an elitist, I do whatever I want with my systems lol. I'm currently running an EK Predator, WAS thinking about adding a full block to it buuuut.....blocks are expensive then I gotta buy new fittings and hosing etc and that'll cost quite a bit more.

I've got my VRAM sitting at 1400mhz and doesn't really go above 70C so if the heat sinks don't do anything then I'm not going to bother.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts