Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a X850 Pro VIVO, and when I open all 16 pipelines the card temp is average 75 degrees, that's downclocked to the original 500/500, but when I flash it back I can get the speeds up to 530/550 with out barely any heat up, what's the deal with that?! do pipelines help that much?? or should I be more concerned with pipelines?!
ePunk

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yes you should because they are a major factor in how quickly your card displays graphics. Companies wouldn't be adding more pipes if it wasn't such a determining factor in the performance of the card.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
16/6 will be pretty fast compared to 12/5 actually. I dont see how it would make your core heat up THAT much more, when unlocked. 75 degrees isnt even bad man, what does it average at when the pipes are locked? Overclocking wont raise the temps much either so you might aswell go back to 530/550 at 16/6 and leave it there, if it wont artifact that is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The temp is averaging 50 at 520/540, what sort of temprature should I be getting concerned at?!

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ePunk

The temp is averaging 50 at 520/540, what sort of temprature should I be getting concerned at?!

90 C +

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ati_guy

That has to be the most misinformed thing Ive heard..
Seriously you cant come to a conclusion without any basis.

What are you talking about?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The title...

"Pipelines are junk if you ask me"

Thats just one of my pet peeves.
When people come to conclusions without any real basis or just come up with it out of the blue..
My mom is terrible for it..

Like I was talking about getting a job at futureshop and she says.. I would think that they treat there employees terribly..
And Im like ***?? Who told you that?
She says " Oh noone its just my guess"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how is it misinformed if I say 'if you ask me...'? I just wanted a catchy title, it's not as if I said, 'I heard pipelines are dumb and they don't do nothin'

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because pipelines arent junk??
I didnt mean the title is misinformed.. that doesnt make any sense anyway.
Your misinformed..
Or not informed at all..
But Im not gonna differentiate between the two.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Because pipelines arent junk??
I didnt mean the title is misinformed.. that doesnt make any sense anyway.
Your misinformed..
Or not informed at all..
But Im not gonna differentiate between the two.

LoL
Anyway the title is supposed to be about the thread and not your opinion on something.
When in the thread you say you dont even know what they do? Which completely is the opposite of what you are saying in the title?
I dunno im tired..
Forget me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
As soon as I saw the title I knew it was made up just to be a eye-catcher ..

Come on, it's common sense >_>. He wasn't flaming pipelines for real ... the dude just wanted to know stuff.

As BigVal said, as long as you don't artifact, your ok.
4 pipelines make a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts