Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
Looks like I am going to put my gameboy player to work on my Gamecube and play some Sapphire/Ruby

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
*too lazy to make a new game, ports game to a 3d engine using all pre-existing code and textures/models*

• Rep+
Reactions: BiG StroOnZ

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaython View Post

*too lazy to make a new game, ports game to a 3d engine using all pre-existing code and textures/models*
people have been crying for a hoenn remake for ages. It worked perfect for nintendo

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:

You clearly haven't played any of the Pokemon remakes...

Red:

FireRed:

(The same thing goes for the Gold and Silver remakes)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post

Quote:

You clearly haven't played any of the Pokemon remakes...

Red:

FireRed:

(The same thing goes for the Gold and Silver remakes)
I think he's referring to how FR/LG used the Sapphire/Ruby engine, and that these remakes will likely use the X/Y engine.

Sapphire/Ruby:

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

I think he's referring to how FR/LG used the Sapphire/Ruby engine, and that these remakes will likely use the X/Y engine.

Sapphire/Ruby:
Right. I can maybe see using the same X/Y UI in the new remakes as being lazy, but reusing the same game engine isn't.

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
Quote:

Right, and I fail to see how that's being lazy.
I second this. I think most pokemon fans are still excited to be able to play in 3D now, and not just some top down view. Fan's want the game to still remind them of the old game, not something completely new. I'll be at the midnight selling for this fo sho

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Is it really so bad to use the X and Y engine? The game was awesome, i dropped 100 hours on it easily. And I"m still playing around with post game stuff and online stuff. If you can use some of your old pokemon via pokemon bank or something this would be absolutely amazing. Nintendo might be setting things up so you can take your pokemon with you between games.

So it'd be almost like a meta-game where you take your pokemon with you to different games. I think that's absolutely amazing. If Ninendo does this enough, you'll see trainers with thousands of Pokemon stashed away and it'll make Pokemon more of a "you're a really good trainer" as opposed to "you're really good at this pokemon game"

I might be biased though, I did just come back from Japan :3 But this looks like a day one purchase for me.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote:

Right. I can maybe see using the same X/Y UI in the new remakes as being lazy, but reusing the same game engine isn't.
I don't really have a problem with it, since they've been doing these remakes for sometime and expected Gen III remakes around this stage. It certainly is less work that doing a completely new game though.

I also forgot to mention that I am very much looking forward to this, as I've heard the Hoenn games are pretty good, but never tried it (did have FR though).

Do you think that with these games that B/W/2 + X/Y + Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will give you 100% Pokedex, or will we still be missing some and need to go back to the older games? (I'm only have halfway through White 1 right now, and don't have X or Y...)

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
Quote:

I don't really have a problem with it, since they've been doing these remakes for sometime and expected Gen III remakes around this stage. It certainly is less work that doing a completely new game though.

I also forgot to mention that I am very much looking forward to this, as I've heard the Hoenn games are pretty good, but never tried it (did have FR though).

Do you think that with these games that B/W/2 + X/Y + Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will give you 100% Pokedex, or will we still be missing some and need to go back to the older games? (I'm only have halfway through White 1 right now, and don't have X or Y...)
im pretty sure you can get 100% pokedex from just x/y alone lol the other's wont really be needed. the global trade station is an amazing tool

·
Twitch Streamer
1,718 Posts
Quote:

I meant entirely within the games themselves, without having to send Pokemon forward from Gen IV/Gen III.
yeah. thats what I'm saying. With X/Y you can get all the Pokemon without having to trade from game to game. The only thing is, you can't CATCH them all, yo uhave to use the global trade station.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonespwns View Post

yeah. thats what I'm saying. With X/Y you can get all the Pokemon without having to trade from game to game. The only thing is, you can't CATCH them all, yo uhave to use the global trade station.
Right, but where are those Pokemon in the GTS coming from? As far as I know, in order to get the original three legendary birds (as an example), they have to be traded up from LG/FR or HG/SS.

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
You can get the 3 birds solely in X/Y (not through a single playthrough though).

Quote:
In X and Y, one bird roams around Kalos while the rest are absent. The bird that appears depends on what starter Pokémon is chosen at the beginning of the game: Articuno will roam if players choose Chespin, Zapdos will roam if Fennekin is chosen, and Moltres will roam if Froakie is chosen. It appears on random routes after the player beats the Pokémon League and cannot be battled, but once it is found ten times, it retreats to the Sea Spirit's Den where it can be battled.
From Bulbapedia.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I've not played a pokemon game since the GameBoy Color, but I've always wondered why they don't have the same pokemon from one game in the next? seems like there are 1000+ pokemon, but each game only has 100 or so?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts