Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey--
Any X-QPack modders out there?

This is my first computer, I'm looking to mod it.
Anyone have any ideas?

Here's my hardware:
CASE: Aspire X-QPack
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
GPU: XFX nVidia GeForce 7600GT (yeah, I know. Shut up. I'll get a new one for my birthday.)
RAM: 1Gb (again, shut up. I'll probably get some more for my birthday, too.)
HDD: 500 Gb WD Caviar SATA
CPU Cooler: Tt Blue Orb II
Monitor: lol... 15" Dell CRT
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G5: Battlefield 2142 Special Edition
Speakers: JBL Creature II 2.1 Speakers

I'm thinking about installing some fans on the underside of my case (utilizing the small space in front of my mobo) and one larger one in the left window (the GPU side).
I'm also considering underglow.
I really need to do some cable management, too... I know what to do, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Also, I would like some more ideas!

However, I have a small budget, but I can probably acquire many spare parts from other computers and from school (only general, basic parts, not like UV lamps or anything cool like that).

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
well i had it. recently sold mine since i've moved to tower.

i will tell you now.. this thing is really flimsy.. your gonna want to drill some more holes to secure the top/side panel and to secure the motherboard tray.

also i would suggest cuting the 120mm grill out so you dont lose any airflow.

ill should you some pics in a bit.. photobucket is offline right now..

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
im using a x-qpack for my HTPC. runs pretty good. i dont think u need to really cu the grill on this case. its pretty.. uhmm *missing word*... like the hole are pretty big. as long as you get a pretty good CFM 120mm fan, i dont think you would need to cut it.. have a 5200+ AM2 w/ gigabyte uhh.. *look in my systems.. my htpc.. haha*.. anyways.. runs at like mid 20s to low 30s. i put a 80mm fan in the front. and a 120mm in the back. should be good airflow..

yeah its a little flimsy.. its a pretty thin aluminum or w/e metal the chassis uses. sucks that you have to use a low positioned hsf. couldnt even fit an arctic cooling 64 alpine in there. but oh well. its not bad. my tv tuner card pcb scrapes the top as i put the setup in.. but its just the pcb.. not really any place for cable management.. will post some pictures later tonight maybe..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i know it looks good now, but i want it to look better! like, hardcore!
i'm thinking underglow, more lights inside, drilling a hole in the window and putting in another fan (i think i'm going to do this one as soon as I can find the right drill bits) and giving it a cooler look... I've seen some other mods, but most have involved liquid cooling, which is not an optionn right now... mostly i'm just thinking fans and lights, but maybe some paint and designing.

If anyone has some specific ideas...

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
I am the one that bought the case from darkninja, can't wait to get it. I plan on painting the entire interior a flat black and adding some CCFL's, I see the mods darkninja did to the case and I can see why they needed to be done. I am going to post pics of it, note these are not my pics but are from darkninjas photobucket album. I plan on doing a build log with this case.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My mod was adding a 120.1 radiator, changing the stock exterior of the case to modders mesh, moving the psu over about 1/2 inch, cutting the area near the psu for the radiator's barbs and adding the 120mm fan on the side.

Its a terrible picture, sorry...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
xaslanx- from there i can tell he cut the bar on the right side in half to make room for his fan... also, it looks like a different psu than the stock one. correct?

wall socket- cable mgmt? and modder's mesh... that's cool, never seen that before.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That fan controller is the best: Sunbeam. Its the second time I have used that fan controller (I have one in my main gaming rig) but the only thing is that the leds on it could flag down a plane 20 miles in the distance.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wall_Socket View Post
That fan controller is the best: Sunbeam. Its the second time I have used that fan controller (I have one in my main gaming rig) but the only thing is that the leds on it could flag down a plane 20 miles in the distance.

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
I may not be getting this case, I believe I have been scammed by darkninja420 been 3 days since I bought it from him, no word.......

Check the pics in his photobucket album, look at the pic of the box with an address in there and you'll come across this: http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...VIEWTMP=Linear

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's not good...

So I haven't had any specific ideas for my case yet... anyone?
(btw, will upload pics soon)

Okay... so, names...
How about
________________________BLUE
(PRODUCT)

After Dell and Microsoft's new campaign

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does anyone else even own an x-qpack?
anyone?
does anyone have any modding ideas?

well... here's my basic plan for now:
(yeah, really quick p-o-c mspaint drawing, but you should get the idea)

Comments?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts