Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gona jump on it and sign a 3 year contract.
I will NOT be paying the full data plan though; have no use for the internet.

The only thing that worries me is the battery life. I don't have a car so when I'm out I will rarely have an opportunity to get my phone charged. How good is the battery life?

Also, The space also worries me if I want to completely replace it with my current 160gb classic. I have many seasons of shows I like to watch on the go.

Or is there another phone that I should be looking at?

I'm getting it because I need a phone; don't have one.

Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you aren't going to use the internet and already have a regular iPod, what would you waste the money on an iPhone? It doesn't make sense.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a Phone, that's why

$199 CAD (like 180-185 ish USD) + contract for the 3gs. 16gig

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
You cannot purchase a new iPhone from AT&T or Apple without a Data Plan. It's required.

It's $199 for a 16GB iPhone 3GS for a new AT&T user, or $299 for a 32GB iPhone 3GS. It's $99 for an iPhone 3G.

If you are a new AT&T user, then you must sign a new 2-year contract and you must purchase the $30 Unlimited Data Plan with the iPhone. You cannot purchase the iPhone from Apple or AT&T without that.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just get the free phone from AT&T if you don't need the internet. There is zero reason to have an iphone and not need the internet.

edit: BTW, I have an iPhone 3G, but I use the internet all the time and I don't have a regular iPod.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
You cannot purchase a new iPhone from AT&T or Apple without a Data Plan. It's required.

It's $199 for a 16GB iPhone 3GS for a new AT&T user, or $299 for a 32GB iPhone 3GS. It's $99 for an iPhone 3G.

If you are a new AT&T user, then you must sign a new 2-year contract and you must purchase the $30 Unlimited Data Plan with the iPhone. You cannot purchase the iPhone from Apple or AT&T without that.
This. When I went into an Apple store to buy my iPhone, they automatically added on the data plan. It comes in real handy once you have it and once you don't, it's kinda hard to see how you lived without data. Maybe not completely worth $30 a month (or i didn't use it enough to constitute the price) but it is what seperates the iPhone from the iTouch.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift0r View Post
This. When I went into an Apple store to buy my iPhone, they automatically added on the data plan. It comes in real handy once you have it and once you don't, it's kinda hard to see how you lived without data. Maybe not completely worth $30 a month (or i didn't use it enough to constitute the price) but it is what seperates the iPhone from the iTouch.
Yes.

Also, 99% of the uses of an iPhone are needed with the Data Plan. Without that, it's almost worthless to have an iPhone to begin with. I use mine for calls, sms, mms, music, and tons and tons of apps including mail, which is also needed with the Data Plan.

If you are interested in an iPhone, then the Data Plan is mandatory or else look into another phone that is not a phone that includes such features that a Data Plan is mandatory for.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ln2ftl View Post
I don't have a Phone, that's why

$199 CAD (like 180-185 ish USD) + contract for the 3gs. 16gig
Same price here heh.. but you're getting stuck with a 3 year contract instead of the 2 year contracts we have here xD Knowing apple, they'll be releasing a new iphone next june

Quote:

Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlchavis0844 View Post
Just get the free phone from AT&T if you don't need the internet. There is zero reason to have an iphone and not need the internet.

edit: BTW, I have an iPhone 3G, but I use the internet all the time and I don't have a regular iPod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift0r View Post

I didn't realize AT&T operated in Canada, excuse my ignorance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts