Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have my small home theater connected to my optical sound output on the MB, and my samsung 24" connected using an HDMI cable, I've enabled "Stereo MIX" in the recording devices and set the output to the HDMI monitor.

Both seem to be producing sound when clicking on the volume slider, however, when I play music, or a movie, only the default device is playing.
How can I make both play music simultaneously?

Thank you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i'm having one of those annoying moments where i can remember bits and pieces of info from years ago.
smile.gif
while using windows 2000 and or xp, i was able to run both digital and analog outs simultaneously into a receiver and choose from there.

what you maybe trying to do is os, driver and playback software limited. there maybe 3rd party software that would allow mixing both. if your trying default to playback on one or the other systems, i don't think you can. you could choose different playback software for each location. that's what i'm assuming your end goal is.

ud

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll explain.
Basically I have a 24" samsung monitor with an HDMI input and a headphones/speakers output, which I would like to plug my headphones to, while my PC is connected to a receiver using optical connection.
Once I enable stereo mix, both will work simultaneously, however, software will only play their sounds on the default device.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/is-it-possible-to-have-speakers-and-hdmi-play-at/4563a5f8-4be4-4463-b312-eff594a9ae49

capitano666 solution seem to work for most people, I can only assume it is because they aren't using optical, I can't test with the regular 3.5mm jack since my onboard realtek hd stopped producing sounds a while ago. (Though it still appears to be working, according to device manager and the realtek software)

·
Baller on a Budget
1,304 Posts
I don't think you can output to two devices at the same time, and I'm not sure why you would want to. Unless it's really bad your home theater setup should be much better than the built in monitor speakers. If you want audio in two separate places at the same time a good HT receiver will have A/B speaker channels for multiple sets of speakers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentHydra View Post

I don't think you can output to two devices at the same time, and I'm not sure why you would want to. Unless it's really bad your home theater setup should be much better than the built in monitor speakers. If you want audio in two separate places at the same time a good HT receiver will have A/B speaker channels for multiple sets of speakers.
The monitor doesn't have built in speakers, it has an AUX output, which I would like to plug my headphones to, since as I said earlier my onboard soundcard has stopped working for some reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts