Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting here, and I got this incredible urge to play WC3. I have the game registered with Blizzard so I can download it at any time. However, I only have my Linux Mint laptop with me at the moment - but I figure Wine should be able to handle it just fine.

Wine launches the Blizz downloader just fine, however I'm stuck using a cafe's crappy free Wi-Fi. Not the greatest for downloading ~500mb, let alone whatever Frozen Throne is. That's when I remember someone telling me about PlayOnLinux, and figure it might make things slightly faster.

I installed PlayOnLinux, however whenever I launch the program - it fails to start. I'll get a toolbar item for about 5 seconds, but no window. And after 5 seconds, the toolbar item disappears.

Trying it from terminal yields the following:

Quote:

[email protected] /usr/share/playonlinux $ ./playonlinux
PlayOnLinux v3.8.1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/playonlinux/python/message.py", line 21, in <module>
import wx
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
from wx._core import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
import _core_
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core_.so: symbol _ZN12wxSizerFlags24ReserveSpaceEvenIfHiddenEv, version WXU_2.8.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

To be honest, not sure what to make of that ImportError at the end. Anyone ever get this themselves or at least know where to go next?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts