Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently
(foolishly)
bought a dell oem x-fi extrememusic sound card off ebay!!............I can not for the life of me get this thing to install on my pc. I have done all the usual things, turn off onboard sound, installed the card windows 7 didn't even detect it, oddly enough everest did. Decided to try it on my daughters pc which is running Windows xp sp3, Windows did detect it as a multimedia audio controller with a yellow exclamation mark and a yellow question mark. Tried to install the drivers from creative and got a message "cannot find a supported product setup will now exit" (I think that's what it said). Tried the youp-pax drivers got the same message!! The model number on the sticker on the back says it's a SB0460.

Anybody know how to get this damn thing to work before i take it up the garden and give it a damn good shoeing!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenma188 View Post
theres something weird about the Dell OEM sound cards. For some reason they only seem to work for me with the Dell drivers. I tried other ones, and none of them worked. Maybe try this driver: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Nope they don't work...Thanks anyway buddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts