Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guyz ! So i'm struggling with a problem for a week now,it all started when windows 10 crashed (system service exception). I decided to back up windows,so it installed it again,and my problems started with my VGA ( HD 7950 ) . Whenever i join a game,it goes up to like 75-80 degrees,although before this,i could play for like 5 hours straight,and my card's temp didn't exceed 64 degrees.

I have cleaned the card out,replaced the thermal paste,did everything correctly. One thing i noticed : i don't overclock anything in my pc,because i find it already decent, BUT whenever i join a game,the voltage of the GPU goes up from 0,944V to like 1,215 and 1,235 and so on...

I tried controlling the voltage in MSI AfterBurner,but it just won't let me. ( tried the .txt thing as well)

Can someone just explain,how can the voltage go up so high when im playing ? by ITSELF?

I have : MSI Z97 MPOWER AC motherboard, I7-4790k, 8 GB ram, HD 7950, and i repeat,i have NEVER overclocked any of the components.

If anybody can help me,i 'll buy you a drink for REAL.

Thank you guyz in advance.

Super Moderator
What is the fan speed? You could have been running a profile that increases the fan speed as it gets hotter, which kept it below 64c, and that has been reset and now it's running at 20% all the time. I have a Sapphire Dual-X Boost HD7950 and I can't hear the fans until it gets to 55% or above. I think your voltages are fine, mine normally runs at 1.2v under load. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

What is the fan speed? You could have been running a profile that increases the fan speed as it gets hotter, which kept it below 64c, and that has been reset and now it's running at 20% all the time. I have a Sapphire Dual-X Boost HD7950 and I can't hear the fans until it gets to 55% or above. I think your voltages are fine, mine normally runs at 1.2v under load. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
that's the thing. When i was playing it wasn't loud at all,and i didn't modify anything about fan speed n stuff...now it goes up to like 65% loud as. I Know that 75-80 degrees are "fine",but these values just changed from a day to another,and now my pc is loud as,and i'm afriad that something will happen to the card.

also i didn't change profiles,cuz i haven't even created one.

Computer Arsonist
Try grabbing MSI Afterburner and enable fan speed in OSD and see if its actually spinning up more when it gets hotter.

Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by adykaaa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post

that's the thing. When i was playing it wasn't loud at all,and i didn't modify anything about fan speed n stuff...now it goes up to like 65% loud as. I Know that 75-80 degrees are "fine",but these values just changed from a day to another,and now my pc is loud as,and i'm afriad that something will happen to the card.

also i didn't change profiles,cuz i haven't even created one.
Which 7950 do you have? Mine ran 75-80掳C with the stock heatsink. Fans will be loud if you have a stock heatsink and is normal.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

Which 7950 do you have? Mine ran 75-80掳C with the stock heatsink. Fans will be loud if you have a stock heatsink and is normal.
ATI HD 7950
biggrin.gif
that's the name of the card,but i see you didn't really catch my problem. My problem is the fact that my pc got louder and hotter after re-installing windows 10. I thought it was going to be a driver failure,or just windows,so i reinstalled it complitely TWICE,and the problems still occur.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts