Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3700+ sd and I need help oc'ing it.I got it to 2.4 and it's stable, I had it at 2.6 it was semi-stable. I have a air cooled system, all I want right now is 2.6 rock solid. I have corsair value select ram, is that holding me back? HELP PLEASE!!

·
Banned
218 Posts
nah I would just raise the voltz for me if I get unstability I usually up the volts a little bit and that takes care of it, however if you do wanna reach 2.8 you should probably raise the fsb up by 5mhz increments just to test stability, you might have to give your ram more volts too I know my Gskill can handle anything under 245 at stock and above 250 at 2.7 to 2.8volts

·
Banned
218 Posts
nah I would just raise the voltz for me if I get unstability I usually up the volts a little bit and that takes care of it, however if you do wanna reach 2.8 you should probably raise the fsb up by 5mhz increments just to test stability, you might have to give your ram more volts too I know my Gskill can handle anything under 245 at stock and above 250 at 2.7 to 2.8volts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

maybe to 1.5? then bump the fsb up? what should i do with my ram?

1.5vcore is fine and i think its the max this board will do unless you modd it, i would do 1.5 and then raise your fsb (htt) until it gets unstable then back it off a bit and run your test

now are those 2x1 gb sticks or 4x512 sticks, you may have to run at 2T and youll prob have to run a divider or loosen up your timings (not sure about that value ram) but anyways runa divider until you max your cpu then try raising your ram

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and if I move the fsb from 224 to 225 it wont post. I set the vcore to 1.5 and still nothing. should I change my multi?

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
It's the ram.

To set a divider: look for a setting that gives options like DDR400,DDR333,DDR266,DDR200 or 200MHz,166MHz,133MHz,100MHz. It might be called ram:fsb ratio or the like. (1:1, 5:6, 3:4, 1:2)...Hopefully you'll find it.

If you did it right, cpuz should tell you your cpu speed and fsb are the same, but under Memory, the memory will be running slower.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maybe. I have no idea how to tweak my ram and Max said to use a divider, I don't know who to do that. If you could clue me in, thanks

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Most AMD's dont overclock as well with 4 sticks of ram. Put your HTT to 3X, and try 2 sticks of ram in the dual channel slots. That will at least tell you if that is the bottleneck.

·
OG
1,622 Posts
Ya do what crash said that would let you know if you have a "bottleneck"

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
bios option its under advanced-cpu config -dram config then everything will be in auto if you havnt touched it allready if you go to manual in there itll give you options for all your ram settings,

if you got to the part where you change your htt multi then you should just click on the choice right above that one

edit= also youll have to run 2t but if everything is still in auto then the mobo should run it at 2t and it should run a divider for you which will keep it at or below 200 but this auto thing can also cause instability sometimes

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
this is what it's at right now, but I'm still lost on what to do. And taking 2 sticks out made it stable. Thanks to everyone that helped out I will rep you soon

CPU-Z Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU-Z version 1.31.

CPU(s)
Number of CPUs 1

Name AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Code Name San Diego
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+
Family / Model / Stepping F 7 1
Extended Family / Model F 27
Brand ID 4
Package Socket 939
Core Stepping SH-E4
Technology 90 nm
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64
CPU Clock Speed 2508.7 MHz
Clock multiplier x 11.0
HTT Bus Frequency 228.1 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Cache 1024 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2508.7 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 128 bits

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Motherboard model A8N-SLI Premium, 1.02
BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS revision ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ACPI BIOS Revision 1009
BIOS release date 10/21/2005
Chipset nVidia nForce4 rev. A3
Southbridge nVidia nForce4 MCP rev. A3
Sensor chip ITE 8712

Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16

Memory
DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM
DRAM Size 1024 MBytes
DRAM Frequency 228.1 MHz
FSB
RAM CPU/11
CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 3 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 8 clocks
Bank Cycle Time (TRC) 16 clocks
DRAM Idle Timer 16 clocks
# of memory modules 2
Module 0 Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes
Module 1 Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes

Software
Windows version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
DirectX version 9.0c

1 - 20 of 21 Posts