Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I want to start off by saying thank you so much for all of your assistance in advance! For the last 40 days I have been without my main pc, and I don't know what to do. When I start up my PC (Windows 10 OS) it says that it needs to repair. Everytime that I click it it does not end up repairing it and just keeps restarting. I tried to boot a new Windows 10 OS but it always says error towards the end. I also tried using windows 7/8 OS Boots with a thumb drive, but it will not read it on my computer. I tried the thumb drives on other computers and it reads it properly. I do not know why and it is super frustrating. Now when I turn on the computer it is just stuck on the motherboards post screen. Any ideas on what the issue might be. Here is the list of my computer parts.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Ram - 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Harddrive - Seagate 1TB HDD
CPU - AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz

Your help would mean the world to me, as I financially cannot afford to rebuild a new computer! I am willing to do whatever it takes to get my PC up and running again for my job.

Thank you,
Override69

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,912 Posts
I tried to boot a new Windows 10 OS but it always says error towards the end.
what's the complete error message?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the complete error message?

I think it said missing, or corrupt file if I am not mistaken when it gets to about 95% percent. Also at times the OS will be fully successful and then after 100% it restarts because the reformat requires it, and then it just goes back to the original motherboard bios screen and not move for hours and hours.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,793 Posts
Have another HDD you can switch and test with?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
Resolved??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Glad it works now, but im confused what you did finally :D

Just for clarification, you disconnected and connected back the old HDD or you installed the system on another HDD? :rolleyes:

BR, MM :axesmiley

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad it works now, but im confused what you did finally :D

Just for clarification, you disconnected and connected back the old HDD or you installed the system on another HDD? :rolleyes:

I had another HDD in hand, but what I did was disconnect my HDD. I booted the thumb drive and it actually went to the installation screen. Then it said it could not find a HDD. Then I plugged back in my HDD, and hit install. Then it fully installed and worked! Its funny because for the last 40 days I didn't know about unplugging my HDD and replugging it, and I tried to install it literally 300 times and it wouldn't work! Do you guys know why unplugging it and replugging it caused it to work finally?

Thank you again everyone

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
yeah rly hard to say, but just for sure get hard disk sentinel or similar software and check your HDD, it can also be that the HDD is damaged or some sections not working properly. The soft will tell you more ;):thumb:

GL, HF

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could have been that the cable vibrated loose or something... Hard to say.
yeah rly hard to say, but just for sure get hard disk sentinel or similar software and check your HDD, it can also be that the HDD is damaged or some sections not working properly. The soft will tell you more ;):thumb:

GL, HF

Ahh okay will do. Thank you so much again guys, glad it is back up and running!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts