Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made my first build in August last year (09). The GPU is and still is the ATI XFX 4890. I love it , it's beastly , not as beastly as the newer series but at the time , it was beastly lol.

Straight to the point , basically something has happened or changed , my graphic quality has changed from good to bad... , it looks as if my fps has dropped (I cant even record a game in FRAPS ***BBQ~!) and these strange lines appear on anything with geometry or lines in games , MW2 , BF2, any game with props guns planes , stuff that devs draw in a linear fashion.

What i mean by strange lines is , the lines on geometric shapes in game , they become broken , split into many pieces usually in a diagonal pattern , it causes the game to look very ugly. That in tandem with the fact that my FPS feels slower , makes me want to split my head in half, i didn't buy this card to have something less ****tier than my Nvidia 6900 or something...

these lines also appear on shadows in almost all my games , in bf2 the problem is much clearer , but below i will show you some SS from the MW2 Campaign level Whiskey Hotel with the issues circled. and a screen shot on bf2 mp wake island of a tanks shadow.

Please help me guys , my gpu looks realy ****ty to me right now , b4 it was sexy , i mean this isnt the frehs out of the box placebo effect wearing off, something changed and i want to FIX IT ! NAOW!!

[/URL][/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Chief of Snark
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpMehPl0X View Post
i didn't buy this card to have something less ****tier than my Nvidia 6900 or something...
No, but I bet you bought it because XFX has a double-lifetime warranty.

As Sn0man said, try updated drivers --I'd go with Catalyst 10.2 if you're not already running them, since they're WHQL-certified (the new 10.3a preview isn't yet, AFAIK, and it's a preview only). I'd also use a program to monitor your GPU temps and your power supply voltages. If you continue to have problems, it's likely a hardware issue with your card, which can be RMA-ed to XFX and then replaced.

Alternately (a lot less likely), you could have a power supply issue that is causing the card to behave erratically. What model of PSU do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
kk i have now installed the newest drivers 10.3 or whatever. im in bc2 as we speak , and i see no diffrence, what did u mean sn0 about checking my 3d settings , what should they be at , my case cooling is a bit overboard for this card, i have an antec 1200 with like 8 fans , and my case has quite a bit of room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i regulary vaccuum the inside and outside of my case, i can clearly see the inside of it , minus trace fragments of dust , i honestly dont thinks its the culprit , i mean theres not a family of dust bunnies if thats what ur asking lol. , and forgive my lack of knowledge i am 14 in may.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts