Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes...i know its bad, yes...i know im a noob..yes..i know i suck

i mean, i try my hardest to get kills but ive never gotten more than five in a round..its really frustrating..no matter what i do, i alwasy get shot to death before i get ANYWHERE!!!!

i'm still not even level one.

can someone plz give me suggestions or something...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Pick up medic and just start reviving everyone. Or go find a group of snipers as assault, and drop ammo boxes. Or you can just pick up the sniper and start shooting people. The further away you get, the more points you get. I got around 400 points for one kill one time.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by t3lancer2006
View Post

Pick up medic and just start reviving everyone. Or go find a group of snipers as assault, and drop ammo boxes. Or you can just pick up the sniper and start shooting people. The further away you get, the more points you get. I got around 400 points for one kill one time.

yeah but since i'm not really a level, i dont even have the defillibrator pads.

i have been doing recon, sniping is quite challenging but ive gotten a few good kills

how do you drop ammo boxes as assault?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You can get the ammo and medic packs by just killing people as the class. You don't have to level up to get them. I've received a little over 20k points in one round, including awards. Just keep working at it, it'll get alot easier later on.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The trick to this game lies not in kills, but rather, sabotage and teamwork. Always join a squad, make sure someone is laying out land mines for vehicles (that's an easy 300 points), lay cover fire and spread out.
The gameplay isn't linear; you need to be able to quickly move and take advantage of the situation. If you just try to get raw kills, you'll find you'll lag behind in points.

EDIT: Don't bother with recon. Straight-up waste-of-time unless you are very good. Try engineer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just keep playing and try to get kills. Also find out what class you are best at, whether it be the charging medic, the balanced assault, the stealthy sniper(woot my favorite
), or the vehicle freak engineer.

"Practice makes perfect."

·
Registered
735 Posts
Try some different servers. I've noticed some allow defualt perks for kits. Like the medic will have health and paddles, and so forth. Also, medic is the easiest way to level up.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I got 400 points from 1 hand grenade throw earlier tonight lol.

We were on attacking on Nelson Bay. I threw a frag into one of the Bravo buildings. Killed 2 guys (100points), Savior and avenger kills +double kill and squad objective (200 points) and it took out the last supporting wall of the building, objective destroyed (100 points)... I sat there with my jaw on the floor for a good 30 seconds lol.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
and I would recommend you stay away from hardcore servers. while its easier to kill someone, its easier to be killed too.

It helps if you tag along as an engineer in vehicles. while you're inside you share the points and when repair is needed you know what to do

also, use Q button to tag enemies you come across your crosshair. if someone else kills that target you get free points.

It's all about team work really. Lonewolf rambo BS don't work that well here.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah just rock out the medic class, and always sure to put yourself in a full squad so you can always spawn close to the action.
Don't worry, I haven't played mp fps in awhile, and I was terrible until about rank 2.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys
yeah i think i'm a little too used to call of duty.. playing COD: WaW i ruled at just lone wolfing it and ramboing with my ppsh..easy 20/7 k/d per round.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i actually just did a few rounds where i was the engineer and was more team based..got double the points and a few unlocks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
A few tips from experience:

1. Try adjusting your mouse sensitivity. I adjusted mine from the default to 9.7 with my old 9500 gt. With the HD5770 I have now I decreased it to 7.0.

2. Your video card is good to run this game at decent settings, however maybe try playing around with resolution settings and MSAA/AF settings. I find that even if I can't get the game to run in full eyedcandy glory (9500 gt), kicking the settings down to get better frames = better reaction times = more points per round.

3. Like others have made mention, work on joining squads and playing a support role to your team/squad. Also i recommend using an engineer simply because you can take out vehicles if you happen to run into one on foot. (if the driver/gunner is inept that is)

4. Along with joining a squad, stick with your squad, you can always spawn on them once you die. Not only does this give you a better chance of survival but it teaches you how to be a team player. If your squad isn't sticking together take the initiative and politely remind them to stick together and that they will be more effective if you work together.

5. Don't get frustrated, I find the more calm I am at playing a game the better I perform. (Look me up on combat arms for pistols, ranked less than 100 in the USP SE, USP TACT SE, and K5SD my name on there is Albeno)

6. Try out assault as well, the underbarrel grenade launcher (AKA Noob tube) is a great weapon and easy to master quickly. Plus it helps get those pesky snipers out of buildings.

Hope some of this helps your phlight. Good luck and above all else, remain steady!

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey weasel, thanks for the help and you just earned yourself a nicely earned first rep.

Anywho, my card runs this game at maxed out with HBAO and native res just fine.

my major problem was that i was thinking this game is call of duty where you just run and gun..its a lot more tactical. and its more fun when you make it tactical! i just had such a great time in a blackhawk helicopter with a great pilot and good gunners on board. really awesome..and since i got the engineer tool, i was the savior when we were low on health.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I don't think this game is more tactical at all. I bought it, I am liking it because it's a pretty sweet game. I still think Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is better though. Single player and Multiplayer.

The graphics are better in BC2 though hands down.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts