Overclock.net banner

please help me i really am stuck

755 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  SkUnKyMoNkEy
i have bought a abit nf7 s2 been ruuning fine for a week then it restarts itself. since then my processer has been running at 1250mhz even thou in the bios its set up to run at 333mhz i have tried everything but it sticks at 100fsb this is relly pissing me off.

i have tried updating the bios but when i trie it says ''flash rom write protected'' i have gone into the bios and seen if there was a option for flashrom write protection theres not. this board is jumper less except for the clear cmos. i have tried clearing the cmos pulling battery out leaving for 15mins then rebooting it dose not want to know

can someone please help me im only 17. abit dont want to email me back so im stuck..
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
maybe something is bad on your mobo. If removing the battery won't fix it, try RMA.
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jack

maybe something is bad on your mobo. If removing the battery won't fix it, try RMA.

whats that?
See less See more
return it to the store where you bought it. If you haven't damaged it or modded it, they will accept it and give you a new one
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by Jack

return it to the store where you bought it. If you haven't damaged it or modded it, they will accept it and give you a new one


i bought it off ebay!!!
See less See more
oooh, that could be the problem. Someone sold a faulty mobo. Is there a return policy for it?
Quote:


Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

i bought it off ebay!!!


too bad man lol.. that's why i don't buyt thing on Ebay... try buying form Newegg they have a 15days return policy or buy at real stores.. its worth the trip, theyll take back anything

Look into your Mobo's manual, they say how to remove the bios protection ..

Good luck.
PS: happens to the best of us... or maybe not lol
See less See more
2
I got this prob one time , when i raise clock to 2.5Ghz, the system restart and i saw it write 1100Mhz, after that i try to restart then the screen freeze, I Clea CMOs and it work, I also lower the oc speed. Im 16
, Use FlashMenu to Update Bios
neeyedsm
See less See more
Don't expect a reply from Abit in less than 2 weeks. Their technical support is one of the worst in the business. It sounds to me like either your Multiplier or the FSB is set wrong. For your CPU, the Multiplier should be 12.5 and the FSB should be set to 166. Your mobo is currently set to a 100MHZ FSB. Change the setting and you will be cool. Your BIOS is probably flash protected, but there should be a setting under the "Onboard Device" menu. The menu might be slightly different, but you get the idea. If you can not get your BIOS settings to save, make sure that your CMOS battery isn't dead and that the jumper is not in the wrong position. Good Luck!
I've got an AI7 and there wasn't anything in the manual that I came across dealing with BIOS protection except the password option and it only says it is the option to turn it on or off.

Although unlikely, could that board have come out of a name brand PC? If so it may be tweaked and can't be changed...just grasping at straws.
did u leave the clear cmos jumper in the clear position while having the battery removed at the same time? remember u also need to pull the main power cord out the PSU too
See less See more
page 2-3
1. dwn load lates BIOS
2. Reboot.
3 PRESS ALT+F2 bla bla bla ... utility!
4. Insert disk...
follow through and #9 and
10. Rep Point
See less See more
The Duke said:
page 2-3
1. dwn load lates BIOS
2. Reboot.
3 PRESS ALT+F2 bla bla bla ... utility!
4. Insert disk...
follow through and #9 and
10. Rep Point
[/QUOTE
i have tried all of that dosnt work i cant uipdate the bios because the flash rom is write protected. the bios is saying that the fsb is at 333 but when i reboot the post tell me that the fsb is at 100.

i go into bios yet it still tells me that the fsb is 333... help
See less See more
Did you by chance Enable the boot virus protection and/or or password protect the CMOS?
your cant flash the motherboard because although you board is jumperless there is a jumper on the board to protect your bios from being flashed.

you have to move the jumper to the other 2 pins to be able to flash the bios

if you bought from ebay and did not get the manual go to abit site and download the manual for your board and read about bios flashing .. sould show you where the jumper is on the board

Rep me if this help you out
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by HotDog

your cant flash the motherboard because although you board is jumperless there is a jumper on the board to protect your bios from being flashed.

you have to move the jumper to the other 2 pins to be able to flash the bios

if you bought from ebay and did not get the manual go to abit site and download the manual for your board and read about bios flashing .. sould show you where the jumper is on the board

Rep me if this help you out


i did get the manual and read that i have enabled virus boot protection and no jumper on the board to write protect bis i am really stuck and getting to the point of wanting to smash it up!!!!
See less See more
Quote:


Originally Posted by itsmeu2k1

i did get the manual and read that i have enabled virus boot protection and no jumper on the board to write protect bis i am really stuck and getting to the point of wanting to smash it up!!!!


i have not enabled virus protection. and i have searched the board for the jumper nothing at all
See less See more
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top