Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first watercooling setup and I have a few questions to ask but first let me introduce my setup.

Danger Den Elite Watercooling kit (TDX CPU universal waterblock, Black Ice Xtreme Radiator, Poly Bay Reservoir, DD Fillport, Polypropylene "T" for T line, AVT Mag Drive pump, ½" ID Tygon Tubing (10'), Artic Silver Ceramique, and Fluid XP+ coolant). Chieftec Dragon Server tower, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe motherboard, AMD64 3200+ Socket 939 Venice, XFX 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-E, OCZ 2048MB PC3200 Platinum 2-3-2-5 (2 X 1024MB), Maxtor DiamonMax 300GB SATA150, CoolMax SLi Ready 600W PS.

I'm not sure if this is correct so correct me if im wrong. The output of pump-->input of waterblock-->output of waterblock-->input of radiator-->output of radiator-->input of pump, but what about the reservoir?

The kit didn't come with any instruction except for the video demonstrations from their site. In the video they used a GPU waterblock, two radiators, and a T line without a reservoir. What about the reservoir? Unless the T line is the reservoir? If I use the reservoir, which has three outlets and one fill hole, do I use all three outlets?

Please can someone show me how to route this thing? I don't want to drill any unnecessary holes for the fillport when I can use the reservoir to fill it up. Also since my case doesn't have a 120mm fan slot for the radiator/fan, then I would have to drill a hole on top of the case to mount it, right? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectStealth
Hey guys, this is my first watercooling setup and I have a few questions to ask but first let me introduce my setup.

Danger Den Elite Watercooling kit (TDX CPU universal waterblock, Black Ice Xtreme Radiator, Poly Bay Reservoir, DD Fillport, Polypropylene "T" for T line, AVT Mag Drive pump, ½" ID Tygon Tubing (10'), Artic Silver Ceramique, and Fluid XP+ coolant). Chieftec Dragon Server tower, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe motherboard, AMD64 3200+ Socket 939 Venice, XFX 6600GT 128MB DDR3 PCI-E, OCZ 2048MB PC3200 Platinum 2-3-2-5 (2 X 1024MB), Maxtor DiamonMax 300GB SATA150, CoolMax SLi Ready 600W PS.

I'm not sure if this is correct so correct me if im wrong. The output of pump-->input of waterblock-->output of waterblock-->input of radiator-->output of radiator-->input of pump, but what about the reservoir?

The kit didn't come with any instruction except for the video demonstrations from their site. In the video they used a GPU waterblock, two radiators, and a T line without a reservoir. What about the reservoir? Unless the T line is the reservoir? If I use the reservoir, which has three outlets and one fill hole, do I use all three outlets?

Please can someone show me how to route this thing? I don't want to drill any unnecessary holes for the fillport when I can use the reservoir to fill it up. Also since my case doesn't have a 120mm fan slot for the radiator/fan, then I would have to drill a hole on top of the case to mount it, right? Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Here's the loop order you should follow for optimum cooling

output of pump -> input of radiator -> output of radiator -> input of waterblock -> output of waterblock -> input of reservoir -> output of reservoir -> input of pump.

That way your waterblock will get the freshly cooled air directly from the radiator.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Yes, but while a T-line is fairly cheaper than a reservoir it does take more time to bleed the system.
On the other hand, if you use a reservoir and set it up right before the pump then it may increase flow slightly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts