Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below was a review on NewEgg for an Athlon 2500+ XP-M. I want to purchase it but only if the statement below does not make it impossible to use on my current setup which includes an A7V8X (KT400). Is this motherboard a standard ATX motherboard? What is that guy talking about? I really want to go ahead and order this processor soon and will do so if you guys think I won't have the kind of problem the guy who wrote the review was talking about.

"Efficient Home Compu,8/29/2003 9:39:50 PM

Couldn't get it to run in a DTR and RMA'd it, companies are still working on making compatible chipsets I guess.

Also, be advised that these will not work in a standard ATX motherboard, as we cross tested one as such. The chipset must support both 1.45v Core/IO and FSB Auto-detect, so save your money if you considered this for a DTR/Flex system. Not sure what they work in as we couldn't find one it would work in. This includes the DTR we had on hand (Desktop replacement).

Boots in Standard ATX Mobo's, just doesn't work right, runs cool, regardless, with a case temp of 89 F, this processor seemed to max at 90 F. Very impressive. They have a maximum temperature index of 100 C (compared to the standard 2500+ with a max index of 85C)."

Thanks,

RH

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieHe

Below was a review on NewEgg for an Athlon 2500+ XP-M. I want to purchase it but only if the statement below does not make it impossible to use on my current setup which includes an A7V8X (KT400). Is this motherboard a standard ATX motherboard? What is that guy talking about? I really want to go ahead and order this processor soon and will do so if you guys think I won't have the kind of problem the guy who wrote the review was talking about.

"Efficient Home Compu,8/29/2003 9:39:50 PM

Couldn't get it to run in a DTR and RMA'd it, companies are still working on making compatible chipsets I guess.

Also, be advised that these will not work in a standard ATX motherboard, as we cross tested one as such. The chipset must support both 1.45v Core/IO and FSB Auto-detect, so save your money if you considered this for a DTR/Flex system. Not sure what they work in as we couldn't find one it would work in. This includes the DTR we had on hand (Desktop replacement).

Boots in Standard ATX Mobo's, just doesn't work right, runs cool, regardless, with a case temp of 89 F, this processor seemed to max at 90 F. Very impressive. They have a maximum temperature index of 100 C (compared to the standard 2500+ with a max index of 85C)."

Thanks,

RH

lol, dont sweat that review...the guy is full of it, and is trying to make up for it with BS.

You will find a few members are running A7N8X's, NF7's, and Ultra Infinity's running either desktop or mobile barton 2500's.

The ONLY thing with mobile bartons is that they do not boot into their correct speeds. you will have to manually adjust the FSB and multiplier.

They run, they just aren't recognized.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

lol, dont sweat that review...the guy is full of it, and is trying to make up for it with BS.

You will find a few members are running A7N8X's, NF7's, and Ultra Infinity's running either desktop or mobile barton 2500's.

The ONLY thing with mobile bartons is that they do not boot into their correct speeds. you will have to manually adjust the FSB and multiplier.

They run, they just aren't recognized.

Thanks A Million!

Robb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.