Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need Information and reviews (website and personal) about an ASYLUM GeForce FX5200 256MB AGP. Need to know FACTS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

what, what kind of facts? like if its good, or if it works, what?

I just read Jiffy Griffy review on.. What to Know !! But Is it worth overclocking ?? Good or bad card ??

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalie

I just read Jiffy Griffy review on.. What to Know !! But Is it worth overclocking ?? Good or bad card ??

Unfortunately it's a bad card... Even when it had just came out the FX5200 was considered a weak card.

It will play your games @ low resolutions and maybe you can get a bit more out of it by overclocking it, but dont expect it to run any of the new games on any high settings or resolutions @ any decent framerate.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I had a 5200. its now in the wifes rig.
it will play games just not great.
playing FarCry @ 1024x768 w/ settings on med/low I got frame rates of 25-35 depending on what was going on.
the FX5200 will play games, just not at optimal settings. my brother is still using one and he has played pain killer, doom3 and half life2 with it.

BTW dont take this as me recomending it, Im just saying it works as a GFX card.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lets say I got this card for $20 and Now that I've learned a few thing and want to make budget($200) for a new card. What is the best in market rightnow

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Smalie

Lets say I got this card for $20 and Now that I've learned a few thing and want to make budget($200) for a new card. What is the best in market rightnow

For around 200 - 250, nothing beats the Geforce 6600GT, I think it's the best budget card ever made. Offers great performance, and you will be able to play all of todays games with good resolutions, high settings, and good FPS.

For a little bit more you could get the standard 6800 which is just a tad bit better and peforms better at higher resolutions and higher settings.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

For around 200 - 250, nothing beats the Geforce 6600GT, I think it's the best budget card ever made. Offers great performance, and you will be able to play all of todays games with good resolutions, high settings, and good FPS.

For a little bit more you could get the standard 6800 which is just a tad bit better and peforms better at higher resolutions and higher settings.

I have two problems My english and my computer understanding !! Please help me step by step at overclocking my current card while I make buget for a new one ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts