Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system specs are below. What do the temps stand for? Cpu, Core, CPUTIN, Aux? Where is chipset? I think SYS is ambiant. People use core temp a lot and I love the temp core temp is giving me. Is this an AMD issue? I would just like to know which temps are real and what they stand for, also which temps should be ignored because they are faulty or inaccurate. Why CPU and CORE?
LL
LL
LL

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
Download and post your CPU-Z screenshot.

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
My bad, what was your question again? Are you trying to find the temperature of your CPU?

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
Ok under the Phenom II x4 945 those are the CPU temperature it is running at on different cores. (second picture) It means that's how hot it is running at the moment. It will increase when you run more applications or when you stress test/benchmark it. You will see significant increase.

Now under Nvidia and the 9800GT are the temperature for your video card. Right now they're at 40C which is fine.

Lastly, that is the temperature for your hard drive.

All these are sort of a guide to see where and how much temperature your components inside your computer are running at the moment.

Hope this is the answer you're looking for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baverdi
View Post

I am trying to understand what the temps I am looking at mean.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by baverdi
View Post

My cpu has two temps, are they both accurate?

You have 4 cores, so you should have 4 temps.. unless phenom only has 2 sensors. I've haven't used a phenom before.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 4 core temps. On top of that I have a cpu temp that is completely different than the core temps. In fact last night I ran prime95 and at first the core temp was less than the cpu temp but during prime95 the core temp went above the cpu and after the cpu was higher than the core. Does anyone understand amds temp sensors?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cpu temp went to 116c during a sandra burn in so I think it is faulty. A reset put it at 39c

1 - 12 of 12 Posts