Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know there're a lot of related articles posted here, but well I guess it's important to everyone. here's what i'm getting:

AMD 3500+
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI motherboard
1GB Kingston 400MHz (PC3200) CL2.5 DDR (2 x 512MB)
74GB 8Mb SATA/150 10,000 rpm hard drive
120Gb 8Mb SATA /150 7200rpm hard Drive
liteon dual layer dvd burner
gigabyte nvidia geforce 6800gt pci-express sli capable
oh yeah, thermaltake shark, va7000swa case.

what does everyone think? it's very important to me, i'll be buying within the week most likely.
also, monitor, i want CRT, 19", but have absolutely no idea which to go with. any suggestions are appreciated. i want flatscreen CRT.
thanks for your input, i'll reward rep points for anyone who comments..

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
If you want the best (somehow I think you do) then the DFI skt939 motherboards are just around the corner, I'd wait for them.

For the CRT, I like the looks of this Hyundai 19".

• Rep+
Reactions: hardwhere

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

If you want the best (somehow I think you do)

i want the best i can get within my price limit, 3500 AUD, yeah

i haven't had a capable computer for -years-, and that was parents, now time to get my own.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I word of warning. If you ever plan on doing the SLI you have to, later of course, get the "Exact" same card. Or of course just get two right off. Not a lot of stuff supports SLI yet!
But from what I'v seen 2 6600GTs STOMPED a 6800GT (single card). So that 2 for less than the price of 1

EDIT FYI FYI FYI The RAPTORS DON'T OC!!!!! With a 10,000RPM they have little room beyond a few Mhz discrepency in the data buss!!!
IF someone has done it LET ME KNOW what you did to do it!!! Please please

Oh, and yes the PCI/AGP is locked !

• Rep+
Reactions: hardwhere

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i might be keen to SLI in the future. I'm going the single GT now so that i have the power even when SLI is not supported. When it has more widespread support amongst games / whatever, I'll consider getting another and link em up SLI.
i've seen benchmarks and the 6800GT beats two 6600's when SLI not supported, i'd rather the single 6800 that is always good.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwhere
ok i know there're a lot of related articles posted here, but well I guess it's important to everyone. here's what i'm getting:

AMD 3500+
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI motherboard
1GB Kingston 400MHz (PC3200) CL2.5 DDR (2 x 512MB)
74GB 8Mb SATA/150 10,000 rpm hard drive
120Gb 8Mb SATA /150 7200rpm hard Drive
liteon dual layer dvd burner
gigabyte nvidia geforce 6800gt pci-express sli capable
oh yeah, thermaltake shark, va7000swa case.

what does everyone think? it's very important to me, i'll be buying within the week most likely.
also, monitor, i want CRT, 19", but have absolutely no idea which to go with. any suggestions are appreciated. i want flatscreen CRT.
thanks for your input, i'll reward rep points for anyone who comments..
what's your location..............try out www.gamedude.com ...........probally one o the better all in one stores here........good on the $ too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts