Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Wondering if someone could help us. I have just installed a Siluro FX5600 Ultra OTES and currently running a celeron p4 2.4 on a asrock prescott 533 board with 512 ram. I have clocked it to 420mhz core from 400mhz and 820mhz memory from 800mhz. Seems to go well though not sure if this is going to any damage

could someone let me know what approx mhz setting i should be running this bloody big freaky lookin card on

cheers
ryan

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by neo1976
Hi All

Wondering if someone could help us. I have just installed a Siluro FX5600 Ultra OTES and currently running a celeron p4 2.4 on a asrock prescott 533 board with 512 ram. I have clocked it to 420mhz core from 400mhz and 820mhz memory from 800mhz. Seems to go well though not sure if this is going to any damage

could someone let me know what approx mhz setting i should be running this bloody big freaky lookin card on

cheers
ryan
Are you using stock cooling? What drivers are you using? I have a 5600 non-ultra with the Vstudio Xtreme drivers and only ventured 10MHz above stock on the core but 90MHz above stock on the memory and it's stable. Just keep raising it slightly (5-10MHz at a time) and then play a game. If the game plays perfectly for about a 1/2 hour then you're stable. Keep increasing until it crashes then you've reached your limit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a aftermarket processor fan though standard OTES setup on the card. Driver for card is the latest forceware (not sure if i could use anything else?) im using the nvidia coolbits addon to adjust clock. it has a optimum frequency test which pumped it to 890 htz memory and 445 core which i kept at that for Farcry but when the game went to video mode between stages i had a 2 secon freeze every 3 seconds does that sound like the card was over tweaked? ill take your advise and kick down the core to 410htz and rum the memory at 850htz see how it goes

what do you know about drivers?

cheers
ryan

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
yeah my drivers have a "detect optimal frequencies" button similar to what you mentioned. The problem with that is that you're not playing a game while your pressing the "detect" button so it adjusts the clock to the best settings for when your computer is idle. That way if you play a game it on those settings it'll crash. So the only effective way to do it is by trial and error like I mentioned in my first post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

yeah my drivers have a "detect optimal frequencies" button similar to what you mentioned. The problem with that is that you're not playing a game while your pressing the "detect" button so it adjusts the clock to the best settings for when your computer is idle. That way if you play a game it on those settings it'll crash. So the only effective way to do it is by trial and error like I mentioned in my first post.

Thanks mate, will give it a go on this farcry game it seems to be pretty heavy on the graphics. just played a game then with 410/870 and all seemed pretty smooth. only thing that i think is a little hot when the card runs for a while is the power supply? are the nvidia drivers ok or should i look elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
No problem. I use these drivers and they have yet to give me any problems. And with them you you can adjust the clocks without having to use coolbits. You just right click on the desktop > Properties> Settings> Advanced> GeForce FX5600> And on the left you should see a tab labeled "Clock Frequency Settings." Just be sure to completely remove your old drivers before you install the new ones. If you have any trouble removing the old ones just follow this guide written by DeaDLocK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts