Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a DFI ultra infinity board one stick of OCZ DDR400 memory and my Tbred 2400+ chip. I have been trying to overclock, but it would seem my chip just sucks. I cant get to anything above 145mhz and avoid lockups.. it even lockup at 145 a few times I think. anything 150 and up or so I cant even boot into windows. I should have plenty of cooling my temp at stock speed under full load are right at 40C.

Is my proc realy that bad? I was looking to unlock it but it would seem its rather hard or impossible I cant find anything on the net about this chip at least not much.

I do a TON! of video conversion and such and it just takes for ever (like 10 hours per half hour of video) Should I upgrade to a 64 chip and board? Would I see that much of a differance? Or should I get a Mobile xp chip I was looking at this... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-401&depa=0.

If I should go with a 64 chip and board what is the major differance in between the 754 socket and the 939? If i do this I defiently want to get a DFI board I love this one I have never go back again

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Definitely go A64 if you can, the biggest difference between 939 and 754 is the dual channel memory on the s939, and the 939 also has the FX series of processors.

An A64 will be faster in everything when compared to the XPs

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you like DFI a lot, and decide to go A64 you have two choices as far as now. Right now there is not a DFI Lan Party for socket 939, but on 754 there is. So you can either wait for a socket 939 version of the Lan Party or buy a socket 754 version. One thing that makes me recomend the 754, is that because 754 is on its way to being considered a value market, you can pick up the components cheaper than there 939 counterparts.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowmirage

I currently have a DFI ultra infinity board one stick of OCZ DDR400 memory and my Tbred 2400+ chip. I have been trying to overclock, but it would seem my chip just sucks. I cant get to anything above 145mhz and avoid lockups.. it even lockup at 145 a few times I think. anything 150 and up or so I cant even boot into windows. I should have plenty of cooling my temp at stock speed under full load are right at 40C.

Is my proc realy that bad? I was looking to unlock it but it would seem its rather hard or impossible I cant find anything on the net about this chip at least not much.

I do a TON! of video conversion and such and it just takes for ever (like 10 hours per half hour of video) Should I upgrade to a 64 chip and board? Would I see that much of a differance? Or should I get a Mobile xp chip I was looking at this... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...103-401&depa=0.

If I should go with a 64 chip and board what is the major differance in between the 754 socket and the 939? If i do this I defiently want to get a DFI board I love this one I have never go back again

I would say that if you want to basically keep most of what you have now, get a XP-M2500+ cuz you can OC those very easily. I have seen as much as 2.7Ghz on air cooling. But if you want to go with A64 i suggest the 3500+ chip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts