Overclock.net banner
5461 - 5474 of 5474 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I might be able to get you up to 7 tera flops with a simple adjustment of the clocks. If you want? I clocked my RX 480 to 1407Mhz all day stable and safe with the proper hotspot temps set for safety purposes.

Upload your BIOS.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
So does anyone remember how to set the VDDC hex offset in the BIOS for Polaris? I cannot remember how I did it.
If someone can help set it to 1.250v from 1.100v then that would be great.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've updated a bit my galkinvv/PolarisBiosEditor-xml fork that is intended in helping computing different offsets for hex editor.

The main descrition (updated) is here - Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx )
The example XML output containng hex offsets (1.5k lines) on a real VBIOS is here: galkinvv/PolarisBiosEditor-xml

Changes from a previous version:
  • Fix exceptions while runing linux-built binary on windows
  • Dump all parsed data as valid xml
  • add dumping for generic option rom & EFI headers
  • add dumping of VDCCI-related tables, sligtly extend VDCCI viewing GUI
The only GUI addition is displaying more columns for VDDCI (only displayed in GUI, no editing enabled)

P.S. There is mining-related Ad link in app (just a link). It was added before me, I've just kept it paying respect to previous author. I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
While I understand everybody aims for higher clocks and with higher performance comes higher power power consumption, stress for card.
However, if you're one like me, you can as well try and aim for a nice mix of performance/watt.
I do 1266 Mhz at 1000 mV, with 1950 Mhz vram speed.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I used to run both of my rx 480 8gb visiontek models at 1250mhz @ 950mv @ 50°C.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a XFX RX580 8GB that shows problem at 400MHz memory speed, all the other memory speeds are ok.
I tested with "tserver" with memory speed set by "./agt -mem=...."
If I set the speed at 400 (or similar 462.5 or 487.5) the memory tests is FAIL and also if I afterwards test at any other speed without a reboot.
If I set the speed at 400 (or similar 462.5 or 487.5) and then I change the speed to any other value without doing any test, all the memory tests fail at any speed as before.
If instead after a reboot I set any other speed (I tried 300, 500, 600, 900, 1000, 1125, 1250, 1375, 1500, 1625, 1750, 2000) the test is PASS
So the card has no problem with Furmark because it sets the memory speed at the max value of 2000 but it is unable to start for instance the Radeon software or the Unigine benchmark.

Moreover if with memory tweak I disable the core states P1 to P6 (only P0 and P7 active) the card works stable in this condition.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Its been so long I have forgotten, what is a relatively safe maximum core voltage (with good air or aio watercooling)?

I picked up an rx 470 4gb for gaming and would like to squeeze some more out of it. Running stable at 1400mhz core, 1800mhz @ advanced timings #2. Its a dual fan sapphire model. It doesn't run hot at whatever the max slider voltage is, I think 1.175v? I have an aio and bracket too if its worth while to install.

·
Top kek
3,622 Posts
Its been so long I have forgotten, what is a relatively safe maximum core voltage (with good air or aio watercooling)?

I picked up an rx 470 4gb for gaming and would like to squeeze some more out of it. Running stable at 1400mhz core, 1800mhz @ advanced timings #2. Its a dual fan sapphire model. It doesn't run hot at whatever the max slider voltage is, I think 1.175v? I have an aio and bracket too if its worth while to install.
Not worth it.

The power consumption will be doubled. The 470 are really low on silicon quality. Most of them come at around the 1200-1250Mhz range stock, so they can fit in in their original power envelope. Overclocking them to 1300-1350Mhz increased the power consumption by over 50%, with little to no voltage increase. Even if you increase the cooling capabilites, the chip itself wont make it much more than 1400 i would say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

If I use OC with Radeon my GPU is crashing even at kinda low freqs, but when OC-ing with BIOS nothing is wrong. But the problem is, I can't boot with CSM OFF if I modify anything in the bios (exept GOPupd). Is there a way I can change the BIOS GPU/Mem freqs (and voltages like before) but still maintaining UEFI?

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Not worth it.

The power consumption will be doubled. The 470 are really low on silicon quality. Most of them come at around the 1200-1250Mhz range stock, so they can fit in in their original power envelope. Overclocking them to 1300-1350Mhz increased the power consumption by over 50%, with little to no voltage increase. Even if you increase the cooling capabilites, the chip itself wont make it much more than 1400 i would say.
I get what you're saying - I'm just trying to maximize the gpu that I have though. Power and heat aren't a consideration for me right now.

Thinking back, I thought a max of 1.175 was low, didn't some cards come with 1.2 or 1.25 max with stock bios?

·
Top kek
3,622 Posts
I get what you're saying - I'm just trying to maximize the gpu that I have though. Power and heat aren't a consideration for me right now.

Thinking back, I thought a max of 1.175 was low, didn't some cards come with 1.2 or 1.25 max with stock bios?
Not really, most came with 1.15V max stock voltage. You can overvolt to 1.2V though, without issues. Raise PL, raise voltage, done.

5461 - 5474 of 5474 Posts