Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my home theater setup in favor of some in-wall speakers, my new house is much smaller and these towers are taking up too much of my theater's floor space. The fronts are a pair of RTi A7s which are 42" tall towers with a 1" soft dome tweeter, 6.5" midrange and two 7" subwoofers, they're rated -3dB at 35Hz and that sounds about right in my room, they go down low enough for me to consider them full range for most types of music but for movies or for electronic music or hip hop you're going to want a subwoofer. They're fairly neutral but slightly brighter and more forward than anything else. If you like detail, these are your speakers but they never get harsh or fatiguing even with poor quality MP3s. They do a great job with imaging, better than anything I've heard under $1,500/pair, they're so good that I didn't even use a center with them and never missed having one.

The surrounds are FXi A6 bipole/dipoles. To be honest my room was never right for these so I had to put them in really suboptimal locations and I've only had them for a few months but I can say that they are a perfect match for the A7s and can create a completely enveloping soundfield with seamless transitions as sounds move from one speaker to another. If you want a home theater setup, these four work great together but I'm willing to sell them separately if you only want one or the other.

Asking price is $800 + shipping for the A7s and $400 + shipping for the surrounds. Feel free to ask any questions or make an offer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts