Overclock.net banner

What is your aproximate cost for electricity in $/KWH?

• .00-.03

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • .04-.06

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • .07-.09

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • .10-.12

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • .13-.15

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • .16-.18

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • .19-.21

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Greater than $.21

Votes: 10 13.3%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing around the forum I can see many people clamoring about their insanely high electric bills, especially all you people who fold hardcore. So here it is, vote for whatever option fits your bill the best, if you don't know, grab a calculator and your latest statement and get back to us. Poll options are in cost per Kilowatt hour.

Myself? I enjoy a rather cheap $.06/KWH

$/KWH = Monthly bill / Usage. Don't worry about if your electric company charges differently at different times. This poll is just to get an average cost.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
You might want to be clear in monthly bill divided by KWhr used. ... some places price daytime and nighttime power differently.

·
Melted Cheese
4,183 Posts
I know that my power is much cheaper in the night as it is in the day.

MUCH cheaper.

I don't have a bill around to break it down though, so I will not take part in the poll.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisizbrian
View Post

lol poll option:

im a kid and dont pay electricity

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris
View Post

But you have a 980x...oh I wish I had parents to spoil me when I was young.

Haha yea and two 295s...sheesh. Did you pay for that or was it your parents?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is quite the appropriate thread for those of us with Folding farms.

Eagle River, Alaska:

First 1300kW - $0.10224/kWh
Over 1300kW - $0.08324/kWh

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Klue22 View Post
Haha yea and two 295s...sheesh. Did you pay for that or was it your parents?
That's mote than spoilt... Thats too much! Heck I thought I was spoilt when I asked my parents to help foot part of the bill for my pc. Most of it I bought with my own hard earned cash in my ****ty job.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spykerv
View Post

That's mote than spoilt... Thats too much! Heck I thought I was spoilt when I asked my parents to help foot part of the bill for my pc. Most of it I bought with my own hard earned cash in my ****ty job.

I got a thousand (which I put towards my sig rig in June of '09) for driving a year without having an accident, thus keeping my insurance rate low(still accident free to this day!). Other than that I've used only my own hard earned dough.

·
Premium Member
10,917 Posts
Our is subsidised by the Gov, but on Avg, between 0.385.... and .425 depending on peak/non peak and season

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am View Post
Our is subsidised by the Gov, but on Avg, between 0.385.... and .425 depending on peak/non peak and season
painful it is, i'm not sure on the actual kwh since i cannot remember but all i know is my last bill for 2 months was 630$
during the summer it was even worse with the ac on. I'm waiting to see what the bills are going to look like now with some new smart meters installed and rates being changed due to peak time billing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts