Votes: 2 40.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poll,Should I go back to Peltier Chill?
I have 12X 12708 Peltiers and 4X19906 peltiers
Also have enough cooling to cool it all down.
Going cold is not that reliable at all, erros may occur and I tried it a few times, so I wanted to stay away from it.
Currently I am just water with massive radator space that is like a waste

Just woundering what you think, you reckon I should go back to peltiers, yes or no?
biggrin.gif

If you want a number on how much watts I'm using, I;m running full volts
It is equal to about 1830W of power usage

A week ago I killed MSI 990 gd80 and I was feeling sad(Its my favrioute fx board and I had best oc exprience on it), I was just going to use peltier cooling again, but booted for too long and overheated the motherboard and killed it, I ran without any radators for 15 minutes approximatly and the water temp rose to 40C. Feeling a bit better now so thinking of going back.

Theres a reason why I did this silly mistake, it is because I have not used my raid system and a amd fx 8 core for nearly a year, very long wait on shipping for a cheap board, its 3x cheaper than normall cause i got it from china, therefore I had to boot up into windows and do something
redface.gif

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
the cold really should not cause those issues, this is my personal opinion but if the idol temps are still above 18C with a chilled water or direct die setup, it really should not cause stability issues. I have always run my hardware with voltages higher than most after being clocked, because I need my clocks to be stable. now the only reason that I am building a TEC system is because I want to put even higher clocks on my hardware, the clocks that I am after can, and have been achieved on standard water cooling, the issue I have with doing that, is that the load temps at the clocks I want, under standard water cooling, would be in the 80C range, and that is to hot for me. so, I thank that I have come up with a way to clock my hardware that high, without having to worry about the high temps on the hardware at load. my goal is to have my load temps in the 50C range and I think that TEC's can do that, my idol temps should still be above 18C.
so, yea, go for it.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What? Idle temps at 18c.

I had been getting idle temps at 5c delta on water temps, core is like zero and socket has a normall reading which is 2-5c above room temps.

my water temps had been to 0-5C while idle on a 20-30C room temp
That was with 720w though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts