• Far Cry 2

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Crysis 2

Votes: 21 38.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I really enjoyed crysis 2, it was well optimized and runs better than crysis 1 at dx9. Campaign was long and satisfying.

Farcry 2 sux no matter what. It was like a boring desert version of gta.
Ubisoft really ruined it.
Song Lyrics
Philippines Web Hosting

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
crysis 2 was crap but far cry 2 was crap on a whole new level. only thing in common with far cry is the name. the only reason why they used the far cry name was to sell it. without the name its nothing more than a lame attempt at GTA.

·
Banned
1,913 Posts
I love the graphics in far cry 2, the AI seems good(I had a P4 for years so I don't know what I missed), but the story line/missions are too repetitive

But I'm only getting to play it now on a 6950, got half way on a P4 and 5670

Never played or even looked at Crysis 2(I look at some vids now), whats it main complaint, ancient looking graphics?

·
Registered
45 Posts
[rant]I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think that Crysis 2 was more disappointing. Dare I say it, but in some ways I think that Far Cry 2 is more like Crysis than Crysis 2 is. The wide-open "I have, like, a gazillion choices of how to go at this" feel is much better than the "This is Gould you have to make your way up the FDR" *suit voice*"Gould wants you to make your way up the FDR"*suit voice*. Crysis was about the freedom to go about the game any way you wanted to. Want to drive a pickup truck into that Korean output? You can do that. Want to sneak by them? You can do that. Far Cry 2 captures that in a way and then makes you drive 5 billion miles of dull brown land. Crysis 2 is you WILL drive that pickup truck in that enemy outpost.[/rant]

Granted, they're both no where near as good as Crysis 1 was.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oh my god will you kids please stop going all emo over Crysis 2?

STOP. COMPLAINING. Y'all are worse than a spoiled 14 year old girl...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
IMO

Far Cry 2 was not disappointing at all since you knew that it was being developed by a completely separate developer (Ubisoft instead of Crytek). And the real sequel to Far Cry is Crysis 1.
biggrin.gif

Crysis 2 SP was developed by Crytek while Crysis 2 MP was developed by a would-be-out-of-business-had-Crytek-not-bought-them developer called something like Free Radical, which was renamed to Crytek UK. So Crytek had a hand in MP too. That's why Crysis 2 is more disappointing to me.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgar;13057556
Crysis 2 wasn't a dissapointment dude...Crysis 1 gets that prize.
I think most would disagree with you on that one.

For those saying Crysis 1 is what FC2 should have been, I agree wholeheartedly.

The more ways to do something in a game or the more opportunities to affect the outcome based on your own ideas/decisions makes for a better game IMO.

I loved it that in one play through I could go stealth and have fun with the game that way....then replay with a more traditional run and gun style and have fun once again with a totally different experience. The open ended nature that the Far Cry and Crysis had allowed you to enjoy a game in whatever way you felt like/thought was best.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRosko42;13068419
I think most would disagree with you on that one.

For those saying Crysis 1 is what FC2 should have been, I agree wholeheartedly.

The more ways to do something in a game or the more opportunities to affect the outcome based on your own ideas/decisions makes for a better game IMO.

I loved it that in one play through I could go stealth and have fun with the game that way....then replay with a more traditional run and gun style and have fun once again with a totally different experience. The open ended nature that the Far Cry and Crysis had allowed you to enjoy a game in whatever way you felt like/thought was best.
Most of the people that were complaining about Crysis 2 when it came out, were the same people who complained about Crysis 1 being a benchmark. Everyone is gonna find a way to bash a product for no reason.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3lancer2006;13068553
Most of the people that were complaining about Crysis 2 when it came out, were the same people who complained about Crysis 1 being a benchmark. Everyone is gonna find a way to bash a product for no reason.
Exactly. People who like to ***** and moan will find a reason to do so. Fact of life.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts

Another crying thread.

Can't say for Farcry2 since I haven't completed that many missions. Crysis2 was just fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts