Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Burnout Paradise Remastered, an enhanced version of developer Criterion Games’ classic open-world racing game, will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 16 for $39.99, publisher Electronic Arts announced today.

Although the remaster is coming first to consoles, both digitally and at retail, EA said it will later release a Windows PC version exclusively in its Origin store.
Source:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/20/17032438/burnout-paradise-remastered-release-date-trailer-ps4-xbox-one-pc

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
All these remasters are getting pretty old. It's sad that you have to rebuy games when you want to upgrade your console.

Considering my steam copy of this game works perfectly fine on "next gen" hardware, this release means nothing to the PC community. It's just another cheap way of milking the poor console players even harder instead of making a new game.

·
Registered
398 Posts
All these remasters are getting pretty old. It's sad that you have to rebuy games when you want to upgrade your console.

Considering my steam copy of this game works perfectly fine on "next gen" hardware, this release means nothing to the PC community. It's just another cheap way of milking the poor console players even harder instead of making a new game.
Corporate AAA games, just like Hollywood, are out of original ideas.

Popular IP rehashes, remasters, and leasing popular IPs (like Star Wars) is all corporatized AAA gaming has left to offer.

·
New to Posting
174 Posts
UGH, remastered titles? mother of god, EA will you please just give me a ufc port! it even has microtransactions and should be considered a win/win!

·
PC Evangelist
46,946 Posts
Its getting pretty old. I am fine with Remakes but Remasters are just sad especially if its just a consoles thing. There are some remasters where we got the free upgrade in Steam which is the right thing to do. Consoles really need to find a system where their library gets carried on to the next gen. Its not that i hate having remasters but I feel like they are taking time from making new IPs or new games. I refuse to support the Switch as a Wii U owner because its basically Wii U gamer ported. I have already bought those games.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,148 Posts
Its getting pretty old. I am fine with Remakes but Remasters are just sad especially if its just a consoles thing. There are some remasters where we got the free upgrade in Steam which is the right thing to do. Consoles really need to find a system where their library gets carried on to the next gen. Its not that i hate having remasters but I feel like they are taking time from making new IPs or new games. I refuse to support the Switch as a Wii U owner because its basically Wii U gamer ported. I have already bought those games.
Same except I'll probably buy the Switch at some point. But it definitely feels like they've just released many of the same games on the Switch that were already on the Wii U, and given some of them nice little upgrades (like Mario Kart with fixed battle mode or Pokken with larger roster) whilst the Wii U versions go untouched. Pretty lame. They should offer a free upgrade to the game if you already own it on the Wii U (or a heavy discount at the very least).

·
PC Evangelist
46,946 Posts
Same except I'll probably buy the Switch at some point. But it definitely feels like they've just released many of the same games on the Switch that were already on the Wii U, and given some of them nice little upgrades (like Mario Kart with fixed battle mode or Pokken with larger roster) whilst the Wii U versions go untouched. Pretty lame. They should offer a free upgrade to the game if you already own it on the Wii U (or a heavy discount at the very least).
The super lame thing is Switch port and games in general are super expensive.

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
The super lame thing is Switch port and games in general are super expensive.
I also have a Wii U (modded of course), and ended up buying the Switch anyways as the WiiU kinda just sucks...

The Support was just never there, huge lack a great games. Even most First Party titles were kinda meh....

What really drove me into getting the switch was Zelda. I was playing it on the Wii U but the res would keep dropping in the open world... And didn't really enjoy the near 480p res on a 60" TV. When it would run at 720p it look decent. Luckily Zelda on the Switch just looks and plays so much better. Poken on the switch is actually fun now, as I can take it over to buddies houses and enjoy a match or two with anyone anywhere.. Honestly it is just lacking a Mario Party game (And not the crap that was 9&10). Really was the best thing I bought in 2017. Plus the WiiU doesn't have the New Mario or Xenoblade game, of which have been better than pretty much all of the Wiiu's biggest titles other than Zelda (what was nearly the last game for the system).

Honestly I could care less about the WiiU to Switch ports as most people never cared to get a WiiU anyway... And I don't blame them, they were always over priced and the system was overall very mediocre. I consider it the worst console Nintendo ever made, but I don't hate the thing. I enjoy playing it, and it is the best console to play wii games on. The WiiU was just underpowered, with a very weak CPU and Graphics not much better than a 360. Honestly the upgrade in RAM over the 360/ps3 are the only things that saved it. Some games do look pretty clear and modern on the wiiu still.

Plus I always would play with my WiiU pro controller when I could... The Controller with the screen is heavy and has a mediocre battery life. It is huge and the feeling on the controls just is pretty meh. I love the Pro Controller, more than my Switch Pro Controller TBH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts