Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
"Today, we had to make the difficult decision to let go of some great game developers. This is never easy, and we're doing all we can to assist those developers affected," TimeGate president Adel Chaveleh told Polygon. "TimeGate is preparing, as is the entire industry, for the transition to next-generation consoles and new business models. As part of this reinvention, all projects and strategic initiatives continue to move forward at the studio."
Source

Wonder if Sega and Gearbox are going to suffer the same fate. I hope Randy loses his job for being a liar.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Their reputation got a kick to the balls.....should hurt them financially in the long run. I, for one, am not going to purchase another Gearbox game as long as Mr. Pitchford is working for them...and yes, I know, there are more people to blame but, as president, he's the face of that company and he openly lied to his customers.

·
Banned
999 Posts
So, what was the big deal with this game, anyway? Looks like another Aliens vs. Predators-type game. You know, that cheap, sleazy console FPS feeling.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurroundGamr View Post

So, what was the big deal with this game, anyway? Looks like another Aliens vs. Predators-type game. You know, that cheap, sleazy console FPS feeling.
I think you said it...that was kind of the issue. It was ANOTHER failed attempt for a much needed successful game for the Alien's franchise. Plus the expectations were set so high from those deceptive demo videos (you know, the one in which Mr., Pitchford tauted as actual gameplay) that it was asking to fall flat on its face with their 'console first and forget about pc' mentality. Actually, I think even the consoles could have handled a more graphically intensive game lol

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurroundGamr View Post

Randy pretty much lied for over a year about how awesome it was going to be, they released video at how amazing it looked and felt (the video vs what we got was night and day difference) and in the end, half the game was cut out, scenenes removed, everything dumbed down, but nothing was ever said until it was realized it was a bait and switch on release.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
.....aside from graphics, the story was lame. The story was an awkward attempt at making it fit in (after the events of the third film) through farfetched and often unexplained answers...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
This is so wrong. A hired studio as Timegate can't be the only damaged so far for this whole fiasco. They actually developed what was seen in the Demo. And right now Pitchford is feeling generous and giving BL2 SHiFTcodes through twitter. SHiFT codes probably stole this morning from a retailer.
kookoo.gif

Quick guys, grab your pitchforks and start poking Pitchford!!
biggrin.gif

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

I think you said it...that was kind of the issue. It was ANOTHER failed attempt for a much needed successful game for the Alien's franchise. Plus the expectations were set so high from those deceptive demo videos (you know, the one in which Mr., Pitchford tauted as actual gameplay) that it was asking to fall flat on its face with their 'console first and forget about pc' mentality. Actually, I think even the consoles could have handled a more graphically intensive game lol
The game demo we saw was the actual game, at that time. Unfortunately it was scrapped due to being overly demanding of "current hardware"...

i.e. console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

This is so wrong. A hired studio as Timegate can't be the only damaged so far for this whole fiasco. They actually developed what was seen in the Demo. And right now Pitchford is feeling generous and giving BL2 SHiFTcodes through twitter. SHiFT codes probably stole this morning from a retailer.
kookoo.gif

Quick guys, grab your pitchforks and start poking Pitchford!!
biggrin.gif
Really? How is that constructive to the conversation? Gearbox creates the codes at will, it is their damn game.....they don't need to steal anything.

Just your money after buying ACM!!

lachen.gif

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
So far, while trying to play the game, all I like is the voice acting. That's all what was well done. Very "true to Aliens" feel to it. I can't play it, though. Far too boring and awkward.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I hope it's not just TimeGate taking the hits here. Gearbox deserves some fallout for this, and I don't mean community outrage that'll disappear as soon as they release another game (one they could actually be bothered to work on).

·
Registered
352 Posts
The worst part of the whole game was the extremely dumb AI. That, and the COD way of throwing the aliens at you. In the "actual gameplay" Randy was so proud of, the AI was even more intelligent, and looked like it could give an actual challenge. So very disappointing. This was my last straw for the gamin industry. I will not pre-order another game. I will wait until it is fixed, and fully patched, and is on sale.

·
You broke it!
14,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostinsteve View Post

The worst part of the whole game was the extremely dumb AI. That, and the COD way of throwing the aliens at you. In the "actual gameplay" Randy was so proud of, the AI was even more intelligent, and looked like it could give an actual challenge. So very disappointing. This was my last straw for the gamin industry. I will not pre-order another game. I will wait until it is fixed, and fully patched, and is on sale.
Angry Reviews did a, um..., review of ACM. One of the clips they showed was an Alien just walking in place up the wall....they then played the "Hello my baby, hello my darling" tune....

I would have laughed if it wasn't so depressing to see.

EDIT:
Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UGX2WE4QUw8#t=132s

·
Aren't this fancy!
7,226 Posts
Seems like the Aliens series as a whole has basically been bad release after bad release since the original AVP 1/2 games of old. They haven't reviewed well at all, a lot of people keep hoping we see an amazing game only to be let down.

It's to bad because the Aliens and Predator universe is pretty awesome, it just hasn't translated to an excellent game yet.

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
If they wouldn't have done a "bait and switch" with the graphics, I'd have thrown some money their way (as would many others). They have only themselves to blame for the layoffs.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Angry Reviews did a, um..., review of ACM. One of the clips they showed was an Alien just walking in place up the wall....they then played the "Hello my baby, hello my darling" tune....

I would have laughed if it wasn't so depressing to see.

EDIT:
Found it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UGX2WE4QUw8#t=132s
Lololololololol, that is from Spaceballs!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

Gotta love Angry Joe sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts