Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get these popping and skipping sounds while listening to my music. I am using windows media player. I will be just sitting there listening to the song and then when i try to do anything at all, it makes this sort of light popping and slight skipping noise. It is subtle, but noticeable. It happens when i try to load a new web page, or open a new program. Basically if i want to not hear the noise, i can't do anything with the computer. I am using wireless headphones that i have had for about a month now, but up until this point i have not heard the sound. What could this be?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one? Aw c'mon. Maybe if i reinstalled the drivers or something? I cant even minimize/maximize a window without getting this little noise. It even made the noise when i posted this.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
Please fill out your system specs.
It will make it easier to assist you.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
high cpu or HDD usage?i sometimes get sound skipping when there are many simultaneous file transfers going over network.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i think yall are right, it has to be hardware related. This did not start happening until after i installed my new 9800GTX+. It occurs when i minimize/maximize new windows, when i load a new web page, heck even when i scroll down on the same web page. My system is out of an OEM gateway lol, and that probly the problem. I am thinking it's the junk RAM. I went ahead and put the rig in the sig. Well, i thought i did. Let me try again..

Well now i cant get my sig to appear. I just wrote out a little sig, and hit save changes. It is not showing up though... anyone know what might be causing this?

Anyway i have this rig:Rig:

Intel Council bluffs mobo - E4300 CPU

1Gb (2x512Mb) off brand RAM - 1200W Silverstone PSU

NZXT tempest case - 9800GTX+ GPU

320Gb Seagate HDD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts