Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
wow, now they can just roll out, like 10 of them to replace all the latest pop singers:

gaga, bieber, hannah montana, katy pary, etc...

·
Registered
952 Posts
They seriously think that pop stars can sing? Don't make me laugh... "Pop Star" and "Sing" shouldn't be used in the same sentence ,unless it's "Pop stars can't sing". xD

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
View Post

wow, now they can just roll out, like 10 of them to replace all the latest pop singers:

gaga, bieber, hannah montana, katy pary, etc...

I'm thinking this.. I'm sure if they can make a robot sing, then they can make it deflect a water bottle as well.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
I'm so psych i'm going to japan as my college grad gift. One of the many kick ass things I will get to see hopefully.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull
View Post

Microsoft Anna + AutoTune = instant pop singer.

So true.
Heck even Vocaloid sounds better sometimes.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Uncanny Valley.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
They need to get eye and eyebrow movements, and the muscles around the eye, before it's truly realistic.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Uncanny Valley.

I can't watch the video here at work, but when I saw the post title I wondered where on that graph this singing pleasure-bot... err "fembot" would stand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalmel View Post
I was expecting a robot with green hair pigtails with a Leek
^^
Win

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MicahFett View Post
I can't watch the video here at work, but when I saw the post title I wondered where on that graph this singing pleasure-bot... err "fembot" would stand.

^^
Win
That differs greatly on the individual interacting with the machine, also on the scope of the interaction. Honestly, IMO she's pretty far from the upward slope.

I'm remarkably unaffected by any "uncanny" valley however. Too much time dispelling disbelief playing video games I reckon.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
That differs greatly on the individual interacting with the machine, also on the scope of the interaction. Honestly, IMO she's pretty far from the upward slope.

I'm remarkably unaffected by any "uncanny" valley however. Too much time dispelling disbelief playing video games I reckon.
I've seen these things upclose at the Wired NeXt fair a few years ago.... some units were ok but still not there. The body movements were good but the facial expressions were uncanny. Humans make a lot of micro-expressions that most of us don't realize.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts