Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Why? A desktop amp would be far better. You need a desktop amp to drive them to their full potential.

If you're really set on an amp, the a Mini^3 would be the best for the price. If you spend more, you could get a RSA amp. They're expensive, but they are some of the best.

What's your budget?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by /Fail
View Post

Why? A desktop amp would be far better. You need a desktop amp to drive them to their full potential.

If you're really set on an amp, the a Mini^3 would be the best for the price. If you spend more, you could get a RSA amp. They're expensive, but they are some of the best.

What's your budget?

I appreciate your speedy reply. The Mini^3 you suggested does look very nice.
My budget can go up to $200 if needed. The main reason I need a portable AMP is because I'll be using it in library, study area in school etc.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You could check out the Pico AE-2 amp. It's a bit above your budget, but from what i've read, it's worth it. However, have you considered looking into different headphones? 600Ω is hard to drive to it's fullest at home, never mind on-the-go.

·
Lep
1,384 Posts
RSA P-51 or wait for the new Corda dance

• Rep+
Reactions: Platinum

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by groundzero9 View Post
You could check out the Pico AE-2 amp. It's a bit above your budget, but from what i've read, it's worth it. However, have you considered looking into different headphones? 600Ω is hard to drive to it's fullest at home, never mind on-the-go.
I will definitely keep an eye on that. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
a good desktop amp would be a much better solution... but high gain mini3 should be able to do it, especially if you get one running 18v instead of the standard 9v... battery life won't be good though...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2
View Post

a good desktop amp would be a much better solution... but high gain mini3 should be able to do it, especially if you get one running 18v instead of the standard 9v... battery life won't be good though...

Thank you for the opinion on Mini^3. I've changed my target to these, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You should be pretty happy with the Pico. RSA amps have a lot of hype but have a lot of criticism from people who have been in the headphile game for a while. Headamp Pico stuff on the other hand is highly praised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts