Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep having weird issues with dual 8800GT cards which are twins, as in the exact part# and neither is OCed!

The second one keeps getting either device not supported/driver issue flag or I get an unstable machine when folding on the second card.

So, I suspect it may deffective being I have more than enough power with an DA650 w/a single 54a rail and nothing more than a stock 5000+, one HDD and 3 120mm fans.

I've been through the full remove drivers, remove second card, remove/clean in Safe Mode with DCPro. Reload primary card driver/reboot, shutdown, reinstall second card, rerun driver. I've used both 180.20 for both cards and 182.06 for both cards.

How can I determine if this card is defective?

·
Registered
641 Posts
well i would think the simplest way to rule out one card being faulty is to take the other out and see if the faulty card can be stable on its own.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shnoops View Post
well i would think the simplest way to rule out one card being faulty is to take the other out and see if the faulty card can be stable on its own.
Thought about that and I may install solo in a different PC (when I get to it
) so that I don't screw up the folding on 5000+ primary 800GT that I've finally got working after many hours of work and frustration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts