Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was running my comp 184 X 12.5 at 1.76 Vcore. I was running folding at home @ 100% and i opened a picture file in mozilla firefox and I got a blue screen. It said something about windows shutting down to protect my hardware. Does this mean I'm not stable? I'm going to run folding at home again to see if this problem repeats itself, Will it? ... Temps were around 45 ish.

Btw, My comp is running at 184 X 12.5 still.. So..err..a..blah?

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Yes that probably means that your computer is not running stable. I would emediatly lower your overclock.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand

Yes that probably means that your computer is not running stable. I would emediatly lower your overclock.

Aww fudge, Ty, back to 180 FSB it is then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi again,

Based on my own experience your temps are fine and 184fsb at 1.76 doesn't feel like a hard overclock for a Barton core, so my first instinct - like metalkobra's - would to be to take a look at your memory.

You mentioned in another post that you're running a mix of PC2700 and PC3200. 184 fsb is a pretty severe overclock for the PC2700, unless you're running something nice like Corsair or Mushkin RAM.

While you're checking that out it wouldn't hurt to step the overclock back a little, just to be on the safe side.

Also, if you BlueScreen again try to get the stop code (if there is one) and/or the name of the file that bombed out.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts