Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im working on a comp build (collecting parts) and i was gonna look into a H70/80/100 when a friend was talking about a kit so i started looking and the price isn't to far off so it might be an option (though a kinda far off one slow going collecting my parts)

here is what i was thinking

EK-KIT H3O - Supreme HF 240 CU

Possible upgrades:

Masterkleer UV Dark Red Tubing - this one would most likely get with the kit just so i can leak test and such with that tube (if anyone has any recommendations on a better Red Tubing do tell)

FrozenQ Liquid Fusion 160 ml Reservoir or 250ml version love the looks of these Not sure if i should go with 160 or 250 as it could be possible to upgrade the loop later on with the 250 (also would it requre anything special to set up these res? )

Questions & basic summary
im new to water cooling but i do research a bit so any advice could be helpful i was gonna use distilled water. (from what i have been reading a good idea )

Im gonna be putting this loop in a HAF 922 for an i7 2600k w/ a 600W PSU and single video card (a 6570 to start the build) does it look like everything will work? (will i have enough power,should everything fit Etc)

When i do make the loop what do i add to the distilled i hear people say PT nuke can someone link me to a product page of anything you would add to it? - did a bit of reading found my answer
smile.gif


I Also hear of people flushing out a loop to get the Flux out what would i use to do so?

and that is about it if i have anymore questions ill search first if i find nothing then ill ask
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,268 Posts
For about 199,99$ you can get a Rasa RX360 kit which would be enough for a graphics card too and it's still cheaper and better. Also, you don't have to care about EK's crappy nickel plating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
There have been a lot of issues with EK nickel waterblocks, so just be wary of that. Also large reservoirs aren't the necessary to system. Depending on how much you're bending your tubing they make some antikink coils (made by primoChill).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmen;14148492
For about 199,99$ you can get a Rasa RX360 kit which would be enough for a graphics card too and it's still cheaper and better. Also, you don't have to care about EK's crappy nickel plating.
yea but to fit a 360 rad in my case it would require me to basicly drill holes right above my on/off buttons (or close anyway) and the rasa kits have a pump res combo i wanted to swap out the res in the future for that res i listed in my first post hence why i was looking at the EK one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlexandria;14148504
There have been a lot of issues with EK nickel waterblocks, so just be wary of that. Also large reservoirs aren't the necessary to system. Depending on how much you're bending your tubing they make some antikink coils (made by primoChill).
hmm would it be a bad idea to just swap out the block?

i have heard these are good would it be possible to swap the EK one for this in the build?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiri Battousai;14148519
yea but to fit a 360 rad in my case it would require me to basicly drill holes right above my on/off buttons (or close anyway) and the rasa kits have a pump res combo i wanted to swap out the res in the future for that res i listed in my first post hence why i was looking at the EK one
If you insist on that kit then get it with a copper block, for example these guys sell that kit with copper block : http://www.aquatuning.us/product_info.php/language/en/info/p11993_EK-Water-Blocks-EK-KIT-H3O---Supreme-HF-240-Cu-Intel-AMD.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
I'm wondering what the legendary man slayer wants with a water cooled pc

But you won't be disappointed with the FrozenQ reservoir if you get it; it's definitely the highlight my current build.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiger;14148989
I'm wondering what the legendary man slayer wants with a water cooled pc

But you won't be disappointed with the FrozenQ reservoir if you get it; it's definitely the highlight my current build.
why wouldn't i want a killer rig?
tongue.gif
(sorry if the pun is a bit lame couldn't resist that one)

Anyway yea i saw a pic of one in a HAF build on here (this one) and i just loved its looks

also for the loop does this order sound ok Rad>Block>Res>Pump ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump with another question

Ok so i wanna get this res http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11227/ex-res-235/FrozenQ_PC_Mods_160mm_Liquid_Fusion_Reservoir_V_Series_2nd_Generation-_UV_Cathode_-_UV_Red_Helix.html?tl=g30c97s1110#blank

and it has a fill port on top (i think ) would it be correct to say i could use this to release any pressure in loop by putting it in the fill port on that res?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12607/ex-tub-808/Phobya_G14_Pressure_Safety_Valve_Fitting_-_Black_Nickel.html?tl=g30c101s1382#blank

Edit also which tubing would be best (im gonna swap the tubing with the kit out for red tubing either way)

Masterkleer

or

Primochill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
There isn't much of a point in using PT nuke AND a kill coil. I'd choose one and stick with it.

I'm a bit unclear about your reservoir question; I haven't been watercooling for too long, but I haven't read about people relieving pressure in their loops that way (or at all). The FrozenQ res does have a fill port on the top though.

And for tubing, my personal preference if Primochill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiger;14178453
There isn't much of a point in using PT nuke AND a kill coil. I'd choose one and stick with it.

I'm a bit unclear about your reservoir question; I haven't been watercooling for too long, but I haven't read about people relieving pressure in their loops that way (or at all). The FrozenQ res does have a fill port on the top though.

And for tubing, my personal preference if Primochill
ok ill try to get some PT nuke then

,and the pressure thing is just a safety thing in my book as if i am gonna buy a 80-$100 res i would rather spend $8 on a part then risk failure in any way plus in my state the temp can very widely so i would rather be safe and put that in

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3Xus;14178527
Just FYI, the EK Coolstream XT rads are quite... Under performing.

http://skinneelabs.com/ek-coolstream-360/5/
i don't think it will matter much seeing this is my first custom build and water cooling loop plus i wanna upgrade the Res,i could always upgrade the Rad later to

thanks for the input guys
smile.gif
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top