Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm selling the mobo from my current sig rig to huntman21014. I'm in the middle of testing if my new mobo works (is not DOA and what not). I'm wanting to let my WU's finish before I do that.

My GPU unit has finished up, but I'm still waiting on the CPU. Since I now have that extra free core, is there a way that I can make the regular CPU client work on it so that I can finish that WU up a little quicker?

I tried affinity... priority... do not lock to cpu... even tried the SMP flag.

But it refuses to work on both cores. Is this a limitation of the software, or am I missing something?

Sorry if this is already posted, I looked through the "essentials thread" but didn't see anything.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEK3
View Post

Exactly which version of [email protected] do you have?

Exactly what??? 6.20 latest build (core78 i think??)

Edit: lol at wifey's computer. What do YOU use? lol

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well....

26% w/2 days left

-send all.... hope that Stanford is able to use partial WU's....

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
I learned the hard way with my sig rig that you have to have the smp client to utilize both cores.

I was wondering why my ppd was only like 300 on my processor, after I set up SMP and the headaches with DENIO I was getting around 1100ppd.

The only problem was my gpu folding went down to 2300ppd from 5700ppd, I figured its better to have the gpu than the cpu

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014
View Post

I learned the hard way with my sig rig that you have to have the smp client to utilize both cores.

I was wondering why my ppd was only like 300 on my processor, after I set up SMP and the headaches with DENIO I was getting around 1100ppd.

The only problem was my gpu folding went down to 2300ppd from 5700ppd, I figured its better to have the gpu than the cpu

yesh... but i only had one gpu... with the new pure, i'll be able to run 2 gpu's on the duelie, freeing up a pci-e slot on my OTHER 939 system which will probably go for 9600GSO or a 8800 GS... if i ever get the $900 mail-box meets car fixed up...

Edit: anyway... beginning to mess with new mobo now... so... *logs out*...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts