Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lately my downloads are becoming corrupted. This started about a week or two ago when i stopped trying to OC my E6400 any higher than 2.4 GHz. my bittorent downloads are giving me messages with the lines of "download corrupted, please restart download."<br />
<br />
about two days ago when i was playing oblivion. the game just hanged for a moment then switched to a bluescreen with an error messagge saying that the device controlled by ATKDISP is stuck in a system loop. I later found out that the ASUS smartdoctor was @ fault for this crash. So i uninstalled smartdoctor. <br />
<br />
however, I also have had system hang ups when im trying to shut down my computer. I even had to shut off my power supply just to turn the damn thing off. I may have damaged some sectors of my HD for this, but the Windows scandisk shows nothing conclusive.<br />
<br />
When i was overclocking I was playing around the with voltages a lot. increasing the NBridge, SBridge, Vcore, Vram. So, i may have screwed up something in the CPU or the Motherboard.<br />
<br />
I've ordered an E6300 to isolate whether or not its the MB or the CPU. It's on its way and shoudl arrive this week.<br />
<br />
Any idea on whats going on or how i could fix this problem would be much appreciated.<br />
<br />
oh yeah, my system specs are as follows:<br />
<br />
E6400 OC'ed to 2.4GHz<br />
ASUS P5N32SLI-SE deluxe ( I know, I know. this MB is bad for <br />
OC'ing. An expensive lesson learned)<br />
2x 1024MB 667MHz corsair ram OC'ed to 800MHz<br />
320 GB SATA HD 16MB cache set on 3Gb/s mode<br />
ASUS 7600GT OC'ed to 600Mhz ( not sure if its still OC'ed now that smartdoctor is gone)<br />
SB AUDIGY

·
Registered
210 Posts
Prime95. Test that cpu. I'm leaning towards motherboard, maybe even just a wrong setting. Oh, and Memtest86 for the ram.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts